A Favor Returned
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Locate the Jade Brotherhood in Mount Qinkai.
- Rescue the prisoners of the Jade Brotherhood.
- See Guardsman Qao Lin for your reward.
- I've been expecting you, although I wish we were meeting under better circumstances. The Ministry of Purity doesn't know what they've begun, stirring up the Jade Brotherhood and the Am Fah like this. The Imperial Guard has always recognized them as a threat, but we are simply too few to remove them outright. We have coexisted as a balance of power, never stepping too far out of line for fear of the consequences. I wish that it were not the case, but at least we were able to keep people safer in those circumstances. Safer than they are now.
- It seems that the Jade Brotherhood has an interest in you, specifically. And that? That is never a good thing. They've been spreading word amongst their usual channels that they are waiting for you at Mount Qinkai.
- I'm sure I don't need to tell you that this is obviously a trap. And from what I know of you, I'm just as certain that won't be enough to deter you.
- Accept: They're about to have one more decision to regret.
- Reject: I've suddenly learned my lesson. I think I'm going to stay out of this.
- When asked about quest: All we know from the message is that the Jade Brotherhood are waiting for you at Mount Qinkai.
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Meijun, Vengeful Eye: So. You have come after all. I wonder: Do you have a death wish, or are you that determined to wage a war with us? No matter. You are here now.
- Meijun, Vengeful Eye: I think it's time that you understood a simple fact. You yourself might be a formidable foe, but can you say the same for those around you? Those that you have helped? Those that you have fought with? Can you always be there when you are needed?
- Meijun, Vengeful Eye: The answer to all of these questions is no. And we are happy to prove this to you. Why don't you try having a look at the yeti caves to the north? The Jade Brotherhood has left you a little surprise.
- Meijun, Vengeful Eye: If I were you, I would hurry. Otherwise, you might not like what you find.
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Yuun: Please! If there's anyone there, we need help!
- <party leader> What? There's someone in there! I've got to get them out!
- Mai: These yeti are nothing. I will fight them off myself. I can be as great as Nika!
- Yuun: As great as Nika? You couldn't even stop the Jade Brotherhood!
- Mai: Neither could you, "Quick Shot." You can't even use that skill!
- Kisai: Please keep it down. You don't want to anger the yetis any further!
- Yuun: If only we had a lantern... we could use it to distract them.
- Mai: We could make our own lantern. Kisai! You must use your fire magic to...
- Kisai: I'm terribly sorry, but I only use air magic. I haven't got much of a talent for fire. It's too... wild.
- Mai: This isn't the time to be reserved. Kisai, make with the fire.
- Yuun: She says she can't do it. Perhaps if I had arrows, I could rub them together to start a fire.
- Mai: Oh forget it! We'll just let the real heroes handle it. You two still have a long way to go.
Intermediate Dialogue 3
- <party leader> Thank goodness you're still alive! Are you unharmed?
- Kisai: Only thanks to you. We owe you our lives.
- Yuun: The Jade Brotherhood attacked us... and dragged us out here to die. They said they were going to make an example of us for you.
- <party leader> I'm sorry to have gotten you involved. This can't continue. The conflict, the gangs, the Ministry of Purity. Of all the threats I've faced, sometimes I think that people are the most dangerous of all.
- Yuun: It isn't a hopeless situation. There is still capacity for good in people. After all, you came to save us, did you not? I will bring these two home safely. I know there is something more that you need to be doing now.
- The Jade Brotherhood did what? Not that I'm surprised by that, it's just... this is going to get worse before it gets better. For the sake of the Empire, I hope we can make it better.It's too late now to go back to the way things were. We just need to find the strength to move forward, and try to make the best of what we have. It won't be easy, but with honorable heroes like you, I have faith that we can persevere.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Go out the door of Aspenwood Gate (Luxon), turn left and follow the hill until you see the Jade Brotherhood member Meijun, Vengeful Eye standing atop the hill. His dialog will start as you approach him. Continue up the path to the right, you may avoid the monsters if you wish, it makes for a speedier quest. As you approach the Yeti Cave, the dialog from the Jade Brotherhood captives will start. At this point they appear as allies on your party list, and if any of them die the quest is failed and you must start over from town. Rush in and protect them from their demise at the hands of the Yeti. Stay with the three of them on the small hill, as Yeti come in from both entrances to the cave, and can easily overwhelm the level 13 captives. A few waves of level 28 Yeti are what you are up against here. The party size for this quest is 8, so it is fairly simple if you stay with the captives, and be sure they stay healed.