A Strange Request
|This article is about A Strange Request quest since 2007. For the 2006 quest, see A Strange Request (2006).|
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Travel to the Crimson Skull refugee site in Sunqua Vale. Talk to their leader and find out what drove them from their original encampment.
- Destroy the creature that has taken control of the Crimson Skull camp in Kinya Province.
- See Imperial Guard Hanso for your reward.
- "(Cast as the hero again, huh? Talk about typecasting.... Well, let's get on with it.) It seems a band of Crimson Skulls has fled camp and taken up refuge outside of the monastery. They refuse to move on the grounds that their encampment is cursed. They haven't broken any laws so we can't forcibly remove them. Find out what's got them spooked and see if you can take care of it."
- Accept: "Here I come to save the day!" Too cliché?
- Reject: "Pirates are so yesterday. I'm going to have to talk to my agent..."
- When asked about quest: "*Cough* I said "Travel to Sunqua Vale and question the Crimson Skull Captain"."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Crimson Skull Captain)
- "(Uh...what's my line again? Oh yeah.) We were just lounging around, counting our stole...er, hard-earned treasures when suddenly the air turned black as night. A beast emerged and tore my men limb from limb! Those quick on their feet fled, but many were lost in the fray. Until that creature is exterminated, we refuse to return."
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Crimson Skull Captain: "We watched you fight from the hilltop. Well done!"
- Crimson Skull Captain: "Should we discover another one of those... things... we shall not hesitate to find you."
- "I half expected this to be a twisted Crimson Skull plot; at least that wasn't the case. The frequency with which we are encountering these beasts is alarming. We must discover the source if the area is to be secured. (I really need to work on my motivation for this line. It's just not working for me.)"
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Start from Shing Jea Monastery and speak to the Crimson Skull Captain among the refugees. Then travel to Ran Musu Gardens and head south from there till you get to the camp. You will find a lone Lesser Grasp. Destroy it and collect your reward.
Note that the usual bosses will not be present, making all except the final fight fairly simple for a low-level party. You can get to the final fight without engaging any other enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The fights in this quest are easy and the paths to be traveled long, so if you have access to heroes, consider bringing two copies of "Charge!" at Tactics 11+.