The Ascalon Bow is unique amongst the bows. Given out solely by Collectors or as a quest reward, it can have the attributes of any specific bow class (depends upon where it is obtained from). All Ascalon Bows have the same appearance.
Most quest reward Ascalon Bows also come with a weapon upgrade in the form of a Bow Grip. You can also add a Bowstring or replace the existing grip, however you cannot salvage an Ascalon Bow, even if you've added an upgrade to it.
There are ten (10) available Ascalon Bows from Collectors that do the maximum damage for a bow (15-28). Below is a list of each collector, what they're collecting and the characteristic of that particular Ascalon Bow. For details on each bow and where to find it, follow the link to the collector trading it.
- Sir Pohl Sanbert collecting 5 Dune Burrower Jaws for a Longbow
- Nord Stonegrimm collecting 2 Frozen Shells for a Longbow
- Luven Underwood collecting 5 Minotaur Horns for a Flatbow
- Mag Ironwall collecting 5 Intricate Grawl Necklaces for a Flatbow
- Karl Jakobs collecting 5 Massive Jawbones for a Hornbow
- Hoknil the Lesser collecting 5 Azure Remains for a Hornbow
- John Verado collecting 5 Topaz Crests for a Recurve Bow
- Bariel Darkroot collecting 5 Alpine Seeds for a Recurve Bow
- Trego Stonebreaker collecting 5 Mountain Troll Tusks for a Shortbow
- Mourn Drakespur collecting 5 Dessicated Hydra Claws for a Shortbow
Most colors the wooden parts of the bow. Most dye affects the bow normally, however black dye produces a dark grey, and silver dye darkens mixes rather than brightening them.
- As of the July 13, 2006 game upgrade, the bow class is now included in the name.