Books track various PvE accomplishments throughout the Guild Wars campaigns and expansion. Some books can be turned in to an NPC for various rewards, while other books act merely as a guide towards achieving some objective.
See the individual books' articles for detailed acquisition and reward information.
These books track a character's progress through a storyline. Both Normal and Hard Mode versions of the books are available unless noted.
- Young Heroes of Tyria - Hard Mode only. Tracks progress through the initial missions of all three campaigns (the first seven in Prophecies, two in Factions, and three in Nightfall).
- The Flameseeker Prophecies - Tracks progress through the Prophecies missions beginning from D'Alessio Seaboard.
- Hero's Handbook - Tracks progress through the EotN primary quests.
- Master Dungeon Guide - Tracks progress in completing the EotN dungeons.
- Gwen's Story (The Flight North)
- Saul's Story (The Rise of the White Mantle)
- Togo's Story (The Tengu Accords)
- Turai's Story (The Battle of Jahai)
These books are meant as guides to completing certain quests.
- Zho's Journal - Guide to obtaining a Black Moa Chick.
- Golem User Manual - Guide to completing M.O.X.'s quest chain.