- This is our last battle here on the Jade Sea, but this won't be easy. The Afflicted have massed in incredible numbers at the Silent Surf. Other members of the Ministry of Purity are traveling there, as well. We will need a large show of force if we are to win this battle. It's almost as though the Afflicted know that their backs are against the wall, and all they can do is desperately lash out like this. It's a futile effort, though. For the good of everyone, we will put them to rest. Will you fight with us?
- Accept: We'll win this one together.
- Reject: I think you guys have it covered.
- When asked about quest: Members of the Ministry of Purity are gathering at the Silent Surf. We will meet you there.
'Intermediate Dialogue (at various points during the battle)
- Initiate Zei Ri: Look alive! Our enemy is upon us!
- Initiate Zei Ri: For the safety of Cantha, you will be terminated!
- Initiate Zei Ri: Come! Come to us and find your final release! We will free your spirit from its torment!
- Initiate Zei Ri: Impossible! There's still more of them? No matter. We will take all that come!
- Initiate Zei Ri: Fight on! They may have numbers, but we have justice. The ancestors are on our side!
- Initiate Zei Ri: Their numbers swell, we are nearing the end. Brace yourselves and fight! Fight for Cantha!
- Initiate Zei Ri: To think that there were so many of them. I've never seen them fight like this.
- <player character>: It's almost like they knew what they were facing and what this battle meant. Do you think...?
- Initiate Zei Ri: We did what was right. That is what's important. Come on, the Echovald Forest awaits us.
- The Jade Sea is cleansed. We are finally at the end of our task; the next battle will be our last against the Afflicted. Are you ready?
This quest does not involve much walking. Just leave from Unwaking Waters (Luxon) and make sure the shrine just past the exit is on if you are of Kurzick affiliation. There will be a number of waves, with several groups in each wave. It is very easy to be overpowered, so falling back and luring the groups one-by-one might be a good idea.
The Ministry of Purity provides some help in the form of several soldiers, but these do not become part of your party and do not ressurect if killed, unlike Initiate Zei Ri.
Not all groups of Afflicted count towards the quest. It is possible to finish the quest with several groups of Afflicted left in the area.