Overview[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Talon Silverwing.
- Speak to Talon Silverwing again to begin the test.
- Defeat Ronsu.
- Talk to Talon Silverwing again.
- See Instructor Ng for your reward.
- The following skills are learned immediately upon accepting the quest, they are not part of the quest reward:
- "Your next lesson is in the art of disruption; that is, the art of interrupting your foe's spellcasting. If you can prevent your foe from casting powerful spells on you and your allies, you have a much greater chance of victory in battle. Are you ready to enter the dojo and complete the course in disruption?"
- "By accepting this quest you will abandon other advanced training quests and put yourself into a separate training arena from the rest of your party, if applicable."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Talon Silverwing)
- "Alright, human, it is time to train you in Disruption. You will engage Instructor Ronsu in combat. He will challenge you with potent Elementalist magics, but you have been assigned skills that will help you to overcome him. May Balthazar's blessing be upon you."
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Talon Silverwing)
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Talon Silverwing)
- "You have performed better than I expected. You may return to Instructor Ng and continue your studies."
- "Well done. You have passed the course in disruption. This training is extremely useful in battle, especially against spells that take longer to cast."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After you have accepted the quest you must talk to Instructor Ng again and chose the "I want to enter the arena" option. This will teleport you to the Shing Jea Dojo where you will meet your sparring partners. Talk to Talon Silverwing twice to start the actual fight. The status of Ronsu will switch from green (NPC) to red (foe) and you will be attacked.
Attack Ronsu and use your new skill to disrupt the spells he's casting as neccessary. Use additional skills to bring his life down as quickly as possible.
When you have achieved the goal (bring down the health of your opponent(s) to about 30%) their status will switch back to green. The gate of the Dojo will open and you can return to the Monastery and talk to Ng again for your reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you delay accepting the reward for this quest, you can return after becoming Closer to the Stars and gaining the ability to switch your secondary profession. By abandoning the quest, changing your secondary, and then re-taking the quest, your character can learn all 5 of the skills from this quest for free.