|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Drakkar Lake is a beautiful area jam-packed with multiple monsters to fight. If you are aiming to raise your Norn rank, this is an excellent place to gain reputation points. A snowy landscape dotted with trees surrounds Drakkar Lake, which houses an enormous "sleeping" dragon known unofficially as Drakkar, but has recently been revealed to be called Jormag. There are multiple resurrection shrines and Norn to talk to - don't be afraid to chat with them after a few kills, they'll give you extra reputation points after 25 kills. Travelling past the lake, there's a labyrinth-like cave which has several wandering giant Jotuns, and in the cave's center is the Shrine of the Wolf Spirit (although it is useless unless you are in the "Curse of the Nornbear" quest).
- Sifhalla (Northeast)
- Norrhart Domains (Southeast)
- Varajar Fells (Southwest)
- Sepulchre of Dragrimmar (Northwest)
Points of interest
- Norn Hunting Party NPCs
- 24 (26)Stone Summit Carver
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Crusher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Herder
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Ranger
- 24 (26) Dolyak Master
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Healer
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Arcanist
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Sage
- 28 (30) Jotun Skullsmasher
- 28 (30) Jotun Bloodcurdler
- 28 (30) Jotun Bladeturner
- 28 (30) Jotun Mindbreaker
- 24 Frost Wurm
- Stone Summit
- 5 Mountain Eagle
- 5 Polar Bear
- 5 Rabbit (Not tameable)
- 5 White Moa (They do not always spawn)
- 1 Black Wolf
- Hogni Truthseeker: Shadows in the Night
- Hogni Truthseeker: Leader of the Pack
- Hogni Truthseeker: A Hunter's Pride
- Outrunner Remlok: The Anvil of Dragrimmar
- The lake seems to have been some kind of valley. When you look into it, you can see trees.
- There is a Stone Summit settlement to the southwest of the Wolf Shrine, due west of the lake, with over 50 Stone Summit enemies led by Dvalinn Stonebreaker. He can be removed by completing In the Service of Revenge. However, the large group of Stone Summit will remain.
- Vanquishers must defeat 220-515 foes in this area.
- There are quite a few vaettir pop-ups around the area, most notably in the rabbit hole in the southeast.
- If Kilroy Stonekin appears and you accept his challenge, an additional 15-20 Stone Summit will spawn in the caves.
- The lake is by far the most challenging area of the zone, and therefore should probably be cleared first. There are plenty of easier monster groups in other areas of the map that can be used for DP removal.
- Drakkar is the name of viking longships.