|This article is about the PvE Glossary definition of the Droknar's Forge run and any other terms relating to this category. For a full walk-through on what is involved in completing the Run, see Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge.|
The Droknar's Forge run, or more commonly Drok's Run, is the most popular run in the game. Named after its destination, Droknar's Forge, the route is the only way to get to the Southern Shiverpeaks without going through the laborious process of Ascension, skipping nearly three quarters of the Prophecies campaign.
The run begins at Beacon's Perch, passing south through Lornar's Pass, Dreadnought's Drift, and Snake Dance, to reach the first and only outpost encountered in the run, Camp Rankor. The route continues through Talus Chute to finally reach Droknar's Forge.
Players who get a Drok's run for their characters are typically interested in one of the following:
- Skipping nearly three-quarters of the Prophecies campaign;
- Purchasing max armor early in the campaign;
- Saving time and/or money in capturing Prophecies-only Elite skills (instead of using Elite Tomes, which is not always possible).
- Catching up to Nicholas the Traveler
- Access to festival collectors and quests during Halloween and Wintersday
Nerfs and Buffs
Over the years, ANet has made it more difficult to travel between Beacon's Perch and Droknar's Forge. Skills have been changed, foes have been buffed, patrols have been altered, and obstacles have been added — each with the goal of increasing the risk to shortcut the main quest line in Prophecies. On the whole, superior runners have met this challenge by getting better, some reaching Drok's in less than 15 minutes.
Risk to Survivors
The Drok's run can be risky careless or unaware people attempting to reach the title of Survivor. If you are a survivor, make sure to tell the runner and listen to the runner's instructions to ensure your safety.
Alternatives to Drok's Run
Alternatively, players might doing the follow runs to 'almost' reach droks:
- Lion's Arch to Sanctum Cay — nearly any character with heroes can walk this route.
- Running Sanctum Cay Mission — also easy with heroes.
- Amnoon Oasis to "Desert Tour" — this also unlocks all the desert outposts.
- For an exhaustive guide on Performing the Droks Run, see Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge