Guild Wars description
- "For each rank of Expertise, the Energy cost of all of your attacks, Rituals, touch skills, and Rangers skills are decreased by 4%. Several skills, especially those related to Energy costs and skill recharge times, become more effective with higher Expertise."
The Expertise attribute decreases the energy costs of all Ranger skills and certain types of skills from any profession, thereby allowing rangers to spam skills without the need to micromanage energy. Skills within the discipline enhance or improve skills and other actions taken by the Ranger.
Expertise energy cost reduction applies to four types of skills:
- All Ranger skills
- Attack skills from any profession
- Binding Rituals from any profession
- All Touch skills
Skill cost modification by expertise
Red text means that skill cost has dropped relative to the previous rank.
|Expertise Rank||Base Cost 5||Base Cost 10||Base Cost 15||Base Cost 25||Percentage|
Skill costs by base requirements
|base cost||Expertise level|
Using this table
Most skills in Guild Wars have a base cost of either 5, 10, 15 or 25 . For a specific skill, find the row with its base cost and use that row to determine how putting points in Expertise would affect its actual cost.
Note: The values in the table are exact! For example, the cost for 5 and 10 skills does not change between 4 and 6 Expertise. Don't waste your attribute points on Expertise that doesn't help your frequently used skills!
- Expertise's energy reduction benefits are applied after the effects of Energizing Wind, Quickening Zephyr, and Primal Echoes.
- Touch of Agony and Wallow's Bite are free to cast ( 0 ) with 13 Expertise or more; normally, these two Necromancer skills cost 1 .