- Find Grahm in the Sage Lands.
Note: This part of the quest can be skipped!
- Slay Gale Stormsend and obtain the Lilac Eye.
- "Good day to you. Perhaps you could help me with a little situation. I recently hired a young man by the name of Grahm from Loamhurst to accompany me on my travels. Not the sharpest arrow in the quiver, but he has a strong enough back. I sent him to the Sage Lands looking for a beast called Gale Stormsend. If legend be anything to base fact upon, it carries within itself a rare and precious jewel known as the Lilac Eye."
- "No doubt Grahm is either lost or eaten. If you could find him or his remains for me, so I know whether or not I have to hire another hand, I would be grateful. If you could manage to find Gale Stormsend, return me the Lilac Eye and you'll be rewarded most handsomely."
- "What say you?"
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Grahm)
- "I found the beast m'lord Versai sent me after. It was to the North by a large waterfall."
- "Ah, the Lilac Eye! So it does exist. This will fetch a handsome sum in Lion's Arch no doubt. Oh yes, did you find any part of young Grahm? He lives, eh? What a bother. I had rather hoped that I wouldn't have to pay him. In any case, many thanks for your service."
Alternate approach: The end of the path as shown takes you through batches of Spiders that tend to attack in swarms, targetting henchmen and causing even some groups of players difficulty. A longer but easier path, especially when working without the assistance of other players, starts from from Temple of the Ages and allows use of level 15 henchmen and a party size up to eight. This path goes through The Black Curtain, Talmark Wilderness, and Majesty's Rest, bypassing the tricky spider packs, but requires dealing with Inferno Imps in Talmark Wilderness.
- This quest takes you to the exact same area as the quest Wisdom of the Druids, also starting from Druid's Overlook. It is a pretty long walk, so it is convenient to complete both quests at the same time.