Farming Faction with the Kurzicks/Luxons[edit | edit source]
The main purpose of this type of farming is to amass Faction with the Kurzicks or Luxons. Faction farming is commonly practiced by members of an alliance trying to increase their Alliance Faction with either nation.
For each side, there are a few areas that players go to farm faction. These are:
- Competitive Missions: Fort Aspenwood and The Jade Quarry.
- Challenge Missions: Altrumm Ruins, Amatz Basin, Zos Shivros Channel and The Aurios Mines.
- Alliance Battles
- Repeating PvE quests over and over. This tends to be the fastest way, but also is targeted by ArenaNet to tone down the speed by which players can gather faction.
- Blessing of the Kurzicks and Blessing of the Luxons, available respectively in explorable areas of the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea, provide faction per kill with bonuses awarded for defeating bosses.
- Vanquishing Kurzick or Luxon areas.
Known Quests for Faction Farming[edit | edit source]
Kurzick[edit | edit source]
Luxon[edit | edit source]
- In the Army
- Luxon Supply Lines
- The Jade Arena - See also FFF
- Scouting Maishang Hills
- Scout the Coast
Farming Faction with Balthazar[edit | edit source]
Some players farm faction with Balthazar mainly for the purpose of unlocking weapon upgrades, runes, and skills for PvP or for purchasing Zaishen Keys from Tolkano to use or sell. Some players farm faction with Balthazar simply by partaking in all sorts of PvP matches.
However, others farm it using PvE. This is mainly done in the Zaishen Challenge mission on The Battle Isles. Doing this challenge rewards faction like a regular PvP match but can be faster as there are several ways to take advantage of the foes and their AI.
Note: Farming using the Zaishen Challenge has a cap of 2,000 faction per day, unless you have access to Zaishen Elite, which can go up to 6,000 faction per day (although you need to be able to survive until the 16th round which is easily accomplished using trapping rangers).