Update - Thursday, March 9 2006
- This week we are pre-streaming a lot of new Canthan maps and artwork to clients in preparation for the March 24 Factions Preview Event. As always, you can download new data in the background by just leaving your Guild Wars client running and sitting at the login screen.
Arena Combat Updates:
- When players enter the Random Arenas through an International District, they will now be placed on teams consisting of other players who entered through an International District. Previously, players were always placed on teams with other players from their own territory.
- Teams in both Random and Team Arenas can now be matched against opponents from anywhere in the world.
Guild Combat Updates:
- Guild Lords will now walk instead of run out of the base at "Victory or Death!" to give their teams a better chance to keep up with them.
- Updated NPCs in the Isle of the Dead guild hall map so that they will now patrol the low ground near the flag at "Victory or Death."
Skill Training Updates:
- All skill trainers can now sell you any non-elite skill that you have previously unlocked on your account.
- Fixed the skill Dwarven Battle Stance so that it only causes Hammer Attacks to interrupt the target, not other types of Melee Attacks.
- Fixed the skill Mantra of Recall so that it only provides its Energy boost to the owner of the skill. Previously, a player could get an Energy boost if he removed Mantra of Recall from an enemy while he also had the same Enchantment applied to himself.
- Fixed the skill Feral Lunge so that its damage and duration correctly match last week's update notes.
- Restored the functionality of Bloodstained Boots.
- Updated "while hexed" shields on Collectors so that they are equivalent to those on the PvP creation screen.
- Updated roleplaying character creation so that all professions start with helmets or headgear.
- Updated the "/preorder" command to provide Guild Wars Factions preorder items to those who have applied a Factions preorder key to their account.
- Corrected the crafting costs of the Monk's Ascetic Fissure of Woe armor and the Necromancer's Scar Pattern Fissure of Woe armor to include Obsidian Shards.
- Added new artwork for elemental Staffs.
Map and Quest Updates:
- Removed the portal effect from the closed east gate of Lion's Arch.
- Tightened the guard security on the ramp in Heroes' Ascent so that characters cannot sneak past the guards.
- Corrected the art being used for Commander Rezhang in Heroes' Ascent.
- Increased the maximum allowed party size in The Great Temple of Balthazar and Isle of the Nameless to eight.
- Fixed a bug that allowed characters who had not completed “The Path of the Zaishen Elite” quest to enter the Zaishen Elite outpost.
- Fixed a bug that caused Henchmen and pets to be left behind or to run back to their original locations after cinematics.
- Updated AI so that creatures and Henchmen no longer try to heal or enchant Spirits.
- Improved the performance of the game's audio engine.
- Added a new slider to the Game Options panel to adjust sound playback quality.
- Added support for DirectX 3D sound (DS3D) hardware acceleration.
User Interface Updates:
- Added a "Sort by Campaign" option to all skill lists.
- Added the ability to access the options panel (F11) or to logout (F12) from pre-game screens such as character selection and creation.
- Added the ability to customize the position of the mission goals pop-up window using the Customize Layout interface.
- Updated the Guild Roster page to display the guild's home territory.
- Fixed party size numbers shown over the heads of party leaders so that the count includes Henchmen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the district selection control to lock up when a player canceled party travel, or when a non-leader chose not to leave his party after acknowledging that he did wish to leave the current district.
- Fixed a bug that prevented detached start menu items from being correctly hidden during cinematics.
- Fixed the display of skills that are unavailable due to being in a campaign that the player doesn't own. Previously, if such a skill was an adrenaline skill, the skill's adrenaline charge state would override the unavailable state.
- Shadow Blades now drop.