- 1 Update 2 - Thursday August 31
- 2 Update - Thursday August 31
- 3 Update - Friday August 18
- 4 Update - Thursday, August 17, 2006
- 5 Update - Saturday, August 12, 2006
- 6 Update – Friday, August 11, 2006
- 7 Update – Friday, August 4, 2006
- 8 Update 2 - Thursday, August 3, 2006
- 9 Update – Thursday, August 3, 2006
- 10 Update – Tuesday, August 1, 2006
Update 2 - Thursday August 31
- Monk and Necromancer skill packs were incorrectly unlocking the other Profession’s skills. This has been corrected.
Update - Thursday August 31
- We are preparing additional functionality for the online store.
- The Unlock Packs are priced at 9.99 USD / 8.99 EUR / 5.99 GBP per profession, or 39.99 USD / 35.99 EUR / 23.99 GBP for all six.
- Each Pack includes all core and Prophecies-only skills (including elite skills) for the corresponding profession.
- A Factions-only account cannot currently purchase an Unlock Pack.
Update - Friday August 18
- Updated translations.
- Added a Priest of Balthazar and a Scribe to the Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood outposts.
- Fixed the chat edit losing focus when a friend's status updates while the friends list is open.
After this update players had to re-accept the End-User License Agreement due to document updates to cover e.g. the new Guild Wars in-game store.
Update - Thursday, August 17, 2006
- Added a Kurzick Recruiter and a Luxon Diplomat to the Great Temple of Balthazar. These NPCs are able to transport PvP characters to the Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry outposts. They also are able to transport roleplaying characters who have previously visited these outposts.
- Added Zaishen Representatives to the Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry outposts. These NPCs are able to transport players to the Great Temple of Balthazar.
- Made preparations for this weekend's double faction event in Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood.
- Fixed a bug that prevented party size indicators from appearing over players' heads in outposts.
- Fixed a bug in the Kaanai Canyon Alliance Battle map that allowed Kurzick team members to leave their base before the game had started.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the Raisu Palace explorable area.
- Fixed a bug in the appearance of the intoxication effect.
- Modified Edge of Extinction so that creatures must have less than 90% Health remaining in order to be affected.
- Jade Sword - dropped by Outcasts in the Jade Sea area.
- Guardian of the Hunt - a shield dropped by Wardens in the Echovald Forest area.
- Gloom Shield - dropped in the Underworld.
- Golden Maul - dropped in the Raisu Palace (explorable) area.
- Grinning Recurve Bow - dropped in the Fissure of Woe.
- Lotus Staff - can be found at various collectors in the Echovald Forest.
- Salient Daggers - Nahpui Quarter (mission).
- Hand Axes have started dropping in cantha with a new skin.
At least some of these weapons are Honorable Mentions from the Design A Weapon Contest. Multiple other new weapons are rumored, but still unconfirmed.
Update - Saturday, August 12, 2006
- Added 25 new guild emblems.
- Increased the duration of the loot assignment timer. When a monster drops an item, it is now assigned to a player for 10 minutes.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to respawn immediately in Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry.
- Warrior runes of absorption now indicate that they do not stack.
- Seems to have reintroduced the bug that causes sound to fail.
Update – Friday, August 11, 2006
- Made preparations for this week's Double-Your-Fun Weekend event.
- Fixed a bug that caused sound to drop out on some sound cards.
Update – Friday, August 4, 2006
- Modified henchmen respawn behavior in PVP battles. Henchmen with 60% Death Penalty will not respawn when they die.
- Fixed a bug in Elite missions that caused rare items to drop less frequently than intended during the Elite Weekend event.
Update 2 - Thursday, August 3, 2006
- Made preparations for the upcoming Elite Weekend event.
- Fixed a bug that caused some clients to crash during Elite missions.
- Eased excessive messaging filter restrictions for party chat, guild chat, and whispers. Restrictive filters for these forms of chat were inadvertently reintroduced in the previous update.
Update – Thursday, August 3, 2006
- Returned Zaishen Supply Masters to the Great Temple of Balthazar. The Supply Masters will remain until August 7, 12:01am (Pacific daylight time).
- Fixed a bug that caused crackling sounds and static on some sound cards.
- Added support for additional European credit cards to the online store.
- European players were unable to log in for part of the day. The problem has been corrected.
Update – Tuesday, August 1, 2006
- Restored the original cycle of maps to the Random and Team Arenas now that the Nightfall PvP Preview Event is over.
- Added new guild emblems based on winning concepts from the recent Factions Guild Emblem Contest.
- Fixed a bug that caused henchmen and certain NPCs to run incorrectly into the midst of combat.
- Fixed a bug that caused Obsidian Keys and Phantom Keys to stop dropping in the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to earn Gladiator Title points in Zaishen arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented teams smaller than 4 from entering the Team Arena.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some teams from entering the Heroes' Ascent tournament.
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to crash during cinematics.
- Removed all PvP spears and scythes from player inventories.
- Assassin's Promise: no longer recharges the caster's skills when the caster dies.
- Restored the following skills to their normal behavior now that the Nightfall PvP Preview Event is over:
- Removed Zaishen Supply Masters from the Great Temple of Balthazar.
- Zaishen Medallions are no longer awarded to players after winning PvP matches.
- You no longer have a blue cape when joining a group in Team Arenas before going to combat.
- The "Enter Mission" button in Challenge Missions has been changed to say "Begin Challenge," differentiating Challenge Missions from other missions.
- The "Enter Mission" button in Arenas has been changed to say "Enter Battle."
- The henchmen bug was not fixed although the update claims so.
- Players sometimes do not show their class and level above their heads when not in a party.