Update - Thursday, December 16, 2010
- As the days grow short, Tyria prepares for the new year. Decorations pop up around town, and holiday vendors sell seasonal treats. The crisp air carries the scent of gingerbread and peppermintand[sic] the occasional flying snowball! Not everything is nog and joy. Again, the gods Dwayna and Grenth clash over who will control the weather during the coming months. This year, however, Balthazar has pledged his support to the followers of Grenth. Their united purpose: a chilly period of mortal reflection. In response, Melandru has joined foreces with Dwayna to preserve the seasonal gaiety and bring on an early spring. Pick a side, and celebrate the season. Wintersday is here!
- Preparations have been made for Wintersday 2010.
- Holiday quests are now available throughout the land.
- Players can enter PvP Snowball Fights by speaking with Wintersday Priests.
- 8v8 ATS-style Snowball Tournaments are accessible through guild halls.
Snowball Fight Updates
- Dwayna vs Grenth 8v8 (Automated Tournament): Dwayna's side no longer uses Avalanche; both sides now use Yellow Snow.
- Melandru and Balthazar costumes are available for purchase from the In-Game Store and the NCsoft Store.
- Fixed a text bu for Patient Spirit that displayed the Healing amount as 0 in the French concise description.
Update - Thursday, December 9, 2010
For more information on these changes, please see the Developer Updates page.
- Assault Enchantments: increased recharge to 8 seconds.
- Fox Fangs: split for PvP; retains original functionality.
- Fox Fangs (PvP): increased recharge to 6 seconds.
- Shadow Walk: removed existing restriction on enchantments; added the following functionality: "Your stances and enchantments are disabled for 10 seconds."
- Wild Strike: split for PvP; retains original functionality.
- Wild Strike (PvP): increased recharge to 6 seconds.
- Chain Lightning: decreased recharge to 6 seconds.
- Freezing Gust: decreased duration to 1...5 seconds; increased recharge to 7 seconds.
- Invoke Lightning: decreased activation time to 1 second; decreased recharge to 8 seconds.
- Aegis (PvP): removed existing failure effect for spells; added the following functionality: "Target other party member cannot be the target of hostile spells."
- Draw Conditions: increased recharge to 4 seconds.
- Healing Burst: increased target healing to 10...160.
- Patient Spirit: added the following functionality: "No effect if ends early."
- Angorodon's Gaze: changed attribute to Soul Reaping; increased Energy gain to 5...15; increased Health stealing to 10...50.
- Foul Feast: decreased Energy gain to 0...2 per condition; decreased recharge to 4; added the following functionality: "This skill recharges twice as fast if you remove Disease from your target."
- Strip Enchantment: decreased number of enchantments removed to 0...2; increased recharge to 20 seconds.
- Crippling Shot: increased recharge to 4 seconds; increased Cripple duration to 1...11 seconds.
- Melandru's Shot: decreased recharge to 10 seconds.
- Weapon of Shadow: added the following functionality: "The next 0...3 times that ally hits with an attack, his target is Blinded for 5 seconds."
- Fuu Rin [Assassin Henchman] no longer uses Fox Fangs; she now use Fox Fangs (PvP).
- Fixed a text bug where Cracked Armor was omitted from the skill description for Mend Condition.
- Fixed a text bug where Cracked Armor was omitted from the skill description for Purge Conditions.
- Updated the 2010 Automated Tournament Series Trophy in the Great Temple of Balthazar.
- Updated the Automated Tournament map rotation.
- Weapon of Shadow: Spell duration was decreased to 1...7.