For all professions
- "Save Yourselves!" can be used in PvE to provide allies with a brief but powerful armor buff.
- Antidote Signet is a free, fast recharging condition removal skill. It can remove Blindness, Disease, Poison and one additional condition.
- Serpent's Quickness is useful for reducing skill recharge times.
- Pets can be used to provide additional allies.
- Deny Hexes, Holy Veil, Remove Hex and Smite Hex are all 5 energy hex removal skills.
- Martyr can be used to transfer the conditions of all allies in radar range.
- Mending Touch is cheap, recharges quickly and can remove two conditions in a single casting, as well as providing some healing.
- Purge Conditions is fast and removes all conditions in a single casting, however it has a much longer recharge time than Mending Touch.
- Purge Signet can be used to remove stacked conditions and hexes, however it can quickly drain your energy pool.
- Having a reusable resurrection skill is often helpful in PvE. Rebirth is particularly useful for recovering from a near-wipe.
- Gaze of Contempt and Rend Enchantments are useful mass enchantment removal skills.
- Minions provides additional allies or can be used as cannon fodder.
- The Inspiration Magic attribute includes numerous energy management skills.
- Drain Enchantment, Inspired Enchantment, Lyssa's Balance, Revealed Enchantment and Shatter Storm are cheap enchantment removal skills.
- Echo can be effectively utilized by any profession.
- Elemental Resistance, Physical Resistance, Mantra of Earth, Mantra of Flame, Mantra of Frost and Mantra of Lightning are useful in areas where most or all foes use a particular damage type.
- Epidemic can cheaply spread conditions among foes.
- Hex Eater Signet, Inspired Hex and Revealed Hex are cheap hex removal skills, and Hex Breaker is a cheap hex prevention skill.
- Mantra of Inscriptions can be used to improve the recharge time of Signets.
- Power Drain, Power Return, Leech Signet and Signet of Disruption are cheap interruption skills.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy is helpful when casting spells with high energy cost. Even at 0 Energy Storage it saves you 10 Energy.
- Shadow step skills can be useful for any profession.
- Assassin's Promise can be an effective energy management and recharge reduction skill.
- Crippling Dagger is a cheap, ranged snare skill.
- Disrupting Dagger is a cheap, ranged interruption skill.
- Having a reusable resurrection skill is often helpful in PvE.
- Remedy Signet is a free, fast recharging condition removal skill.
- Many shouts and chants are useful, even with minimal points invested into the linked attribute, simply for their party-wide benefits.
- Having a reusable resurrection skill is often helpful in PvE.
- Mystic Regeneration is helpful in enchantment-based builds with a decent investment in Earth Prayers.
For melee professions
- Whirlwind Attack is a multi-target melee attack, and it is an adrenal skill, so it is effectively "free" when used alongside Energy-using Assassin and Dervish skills.
- Wild Blow can be used to remove stances.
- Apply Poison is a an easy way to afflict poison on your targets. No Warrior or Dervish skills directly inflict poison, and most Assassin skills that deal this condition hold prerequisites.
- Mending Touch offers a fast, inexpensive, quick-recharging method of removing conditions from yourself.
- Plague Touch offers a cheap, fast way to get conditions off.
- Hex Breaker is a stance that allows you to block an incoming Hex.
- Shadow stepping skills can be used to quickly close to melee range.
- Several Weapon Spells can be helpful in fighting large mobs, or as a cheap heal.
- The shout Fall Back is helpful after a battle when running to a new target.
- Anthem of Guidance, Anthem of Envy, and Anthem of Fury are all good melee character skills. Guidance guarantees a hit, Envy is extra damage at the beginning, and Fury is free adrenaline to get a combo started.
- Ebon Dust Aura can be used with an earth damage weapon to blind foes.
- Rending Touch is a cheap touch-range enchantment removal skill, which has no drawback if you are not enchanted.
For ranged professions
- The Warrior secondary has IAS skills such as Tiger Stance that are good alternatives for ranged classes.
- Pets can tie up foes at a distance, allowing for the player to attack from safty.
- Rebirth can be used to resurrect fallen allies without ever entering aggro range of foes.
- Like Ranger pets, minions can draw foes away from you.
- Barbs can be used with a spear or bow to increase the damage per hit against a target, likewise Mark Of Pain damages nearby foes as well.
- Several mesmer skills can be used to snare foes at a range.
- Conjure Flame, Conjure Frost and Conjure Lightning are useful damage buffs.
- Water Magic hexes can be used to snare foes at range.
- Skills used to shadow step to an ally (such as Return) can be used to kite opponents or keep them at your preferred range.
- Splinter Weapon can be used to provide splash damage.
- Ebon Dust Aura can be used with an earth damage weapon, Staggering Force or Dust Cloak in order to blind foes.
For caster professions
- Blocking stances such as Shield Stance can be used to defend against melee attackers in both PvE and PvP when it is expected the player will be targeted.
- Stances such as Natural Stride can be useful for kiting and blocking.
- Pets can be used to tie up enemies at range.
- Against conditions other than Burning, secondary Monks can use Extinguish as effectively as primary Monks.
- Enfeebling Blood, Reckless Haste and Shadow of Fear are effective multi-target anti-melee skills.
- Necrosis can be used in PvE to spam damage on a single target.
- Cry of Pain can be used in PvE to interrupt a foe and inflict area damage.
- Ether Nightmare can be used in PvE to inflict degeneration on multiple targets.
- Mantra of Concentration and Mantra of Resolve are useful for preventing interrupts.
- Mirror of Disenchantment and Arcane Echo can be used as effectively by secondary Mesmers as by primary Mesmers.
- Blurred Vision is an effective multi-target anti-melee hex.
- Intensity can be used in PvE to provide a brief spell damage buff.
- Many Glyphs are both unlinked and equally useful for both Elementalist and non-Elementalist spells. Additionally, Glyph of Lesser Energy, altohugh linked to the Elementalist's primary attribute, is effective even without any ranks of Energy Storage.
- The PvE-only skill Shadow Sanctuary is cheap and functions as both a self-heal and a defensive skill, and the drawback of blindness generally has little impact on casters.
- Feigned Neutrality can be used as a self healing skill, and grants an armor bonus.
- Dark Escape provides damage reduction.
- Return provides crippling to attacking enemies and a teleport.
- Mighty Was Vorizun is an easy way to get an extra 30 energy.
- The elite skill Weapon of Quickening can decrease recharge times of spells.
- Skills such as Aria of Zeal provide ample party-wide energy restoration for a net cost of nothing.
- Lyric of Zeal works great with Signet users.
- Vital Boon increases maximum health.