The current logo is the default MediaWiki logo. In order to improve the professional look of the site a new logo should be created. This logo should aim to have the following properties, although all of these are just guides.
- Be a 135 by 135 pixel PNG Image (possibly with a larger master copy uploaded, in either photoshop or high quality format, for use in other parts of the wiki).
- Make use of transparency so that it can be used with any style.
- Be unique and easily recognisable.
- Clearly identify that the site is a Guild Wars Wiki.
This page lists possible drafts and candidates for the new logo, and opinions on each logo.
I started working on this logo earlier, still needs more work as is apparent. I started thinking about what the wiki was, and, of course, it's editable, so the GuildWars logo is in an edit box :D LordBiro/Talk 08:17, 7 Jun 2005 (EST)
I like it baxter. Though, it's sort of hard to tell that it's an edit box, and it might cause confusion as a logo. I love the idea, though, maybe something with an 'edit' button? I think the only way to make it work as a text field is to animate the blinking cursor, but tht would be too distracting to the eye...
What font are you using? Also, how do you get the molten-metal-goldy text effect? Gravewit
An idea: How about a shield like the "mission complete" shield from GW, with the brackets around it? That might be neat. Gravewit
The Guild Wars logo is available from the Guild Wars fansite section, so I can't take credit for that :) I just did the edit box and the word Wiki :P Not sure what you mean by brackets around the shield, do you mean [[shield]]? LordBiro/Talk 22:46, 12 Jun 2005 (EST)
- That is totally badassed. Almost exactly what was in my head. Gravewit 10:36, 13 Jun 2005 (EST)
- Perfect! MartinLightbringer(CS)
Redid this so that its... bigger for a start (450x450), more easy to scale, and created a 135x135 version as well.
Hum, yeah, sharpness could be an issue, I guess, but I'm all for making it official right now. Gravewit 00:27, 14 Jun 2005 (EST)