GuildWiki:Standardizing skill templates/Glossary
Standard Glossary[edit source]
Health Loss[edit source]
The following are special classes of ways a creature can lose health. Health loss can include zero.
- health loss caused by offensive attacks and skills. It can be reduced by protective skills such as Protective Spirit and Shielding Hands.
- Life stealing
- health loss caused by transferring health from the target to the user. There is no way to reduce life stealing.
- voluntary reduction of a user's health as a side effect for other purposes. It can be exacerbated by skills such as Dark Aura and Scourge Sacrifice.
- Health degeneration
- continuous loss of health at a specific rate over a period of time.
General - some skills simply cause a creature to lose health, without being one of the special types above.
Damage Descriptors[edit source]
Skill Activation[edit source]
- Start casting
- triggered at the beginning of a skill activation.
- Finish casting
- triggered at the end of the skill's activation.