The Halloween 2007 event ran from Thursday, October 25 until Wednesday, October 31, 2007. It included the return of Halloween collectors, the redecoration of Lion's Arch and Kamadan, and the return of Mad King Thorn who once again terrorized the populace with 'hilarious' jokes while at the same time rewarding them with special holiday treats. This event was similar to the past events of Halloween 2005 and Halloween 2006. This year a new item, the Trick-or-Treat Bag, and a new mini-game, the Costume Brawl, were added to the celebration.This is from the Official Event Page:
- When sunlight wanes to shadow
- And mists fill nights once clear
- 'Tis time to think of monarchs
- Who visit once a year.
- Hail, Thorn, the king demented,
- Whose laughter fills the air
- Where cunning gifts are given
- With wit and deadly flair!
NPCs added for this event:
- Bobby (Costume Brawl)
- Bruce the Herald
- Mad King's Guard
- Mad King Thorn (during his visits)
- Transformed Elonian
- Transformed Krytan
NPCs in Lion's Arch who were transformed for this event:
- Merchants and Traders: - trussed up in cobwebs
Mad King's Guard (Henchmen)
- Scarecrow Mask for completing the event in Lion's Arch.
- Mummy Mask for completing the event in Kamadan.
- Trick-or-Treat Bag: dropped randomly by monsters, awarded to the winning team in a Costume Brawl, and also given as a reward for doing what the Mad King wishes during his appearances. These can contain:
- Squash Serum
- Transmogrifier Tonic (only those marked with * )
- Vial of Absinthe
- Witch's Brew
- Ascalon City
- Lion's Arch
- Henge of Denravi
- Champion's Dawn
- Kodlonu Hamlet
- Sunspear Great Hall