General[edit | edit source]
- Dictionary Definition: "A hand tool that has a handle with a perpendicularly attached head of metal or other heavy rigid material, and is used for striking or pounding." - []."
Damage Stats[edit | edit source]
The maximum damage range for hammers is 19-35 and the minimum damage range is 3-5. Hammers with maximum damage have been observed with attribute requirements as low as 7, hammers with an attribute requirement of 0 have been observed with damage ranges as high as 11-15 (special 0-requisite hammers with a damage range of 15-15 can be obtained from Wintersday crafters or a quest in Guild Wars: Eye of the North).
On average, the highest level hammer will do 16.3 damage per second (27 damage per hit), while an axe would do 12.8 dps (17 dph) and a sword would do 13.9 dps (18.5 dph).
The speciality of Hammers compared to other melee weapons is that hammers can be used to knock down a foe. Scroll down for details.
Upgrades and Modifiers[edit | edit source]
Furthermore a hammer may come with a number of non-salvagable magic modifiers.
See "Weapon Upgrades" for details.
Knocking Down[edit | edit source]
The speciality of Hammers compared to other melee weapons is that hammers can be used to knock down a foe, which will interrupt the target's current action, whether it is an attack or casting a spell.
The following hammer attack skills cause knock-down:
- Backbreaker (enemy knocked down for 2 seconds, 4 seconds if Strength is 8+)
- Counter Blow (against attacking foes)
- Devastating Hammer (causes Weakness too)
- Earth Shaker (all foes adjacent to target, including target)
- Hammer Bash (loses all adrenaline)
- Heavy Blow (against foes suffering from weakness)
- Irresistible Blow (against foes who block)
- Magehunter's Smash (knockdown, cannot be blocked by enchanted foes)
Tip: Warriors can use a Stonefist Insignia to increase the knock-down time by 1 second, but cannot exceed 3 seconds total.
Hammer Types[edit | edit source]
Note: The visual appearance has no influence whatsoever on the weapon stats. A Foehammer with damage 19-35 is just as good as a Ball Hammer with damage 19-35. Which look you prefer is merely a matter of taste. However, the damage type will have influence on the damage dealt, depending on the foe's armor.
Please consult our visual gallery or see them listed by campaign below.
Core[edit | edit source]
Bonus Mission Pack[edit | edit source]
Prophecies[edit | edit source]
Factions[edit | edit source]
Nightfall[edit | edit source]
Eye of the North[edit | edit source]