|This article is about the explorable area. For the quest, see Heart of the Shiverpeaks (quest).|
|Heart of the Shiverpeaks|
The Heart of the Shiverpeaks, sealed long ago by the Blackpowder clan, holds many ancient Dwarven secrets. Its innermost reaches are guarded by a great fire wurm, Cyndr the Mountain Heart
The Heart of the Shiverpeaks is a 3 level dungeon; its Boss is Cyndr the Mountain Heart. If you have already completed the Heart of the Shiverpeaks primary quest, the end boss will be Magmus instead. If you have completed the dungeon once already you don't need a quest to complete this dungeon.
First time visitors will enter this dungeon during primary quest Heart of the Shiverpeaks.
Repeat visitors (who have completed the primary, non-repeatable quest) enter and complete this dungeon without taking a quest. This is rare in that many dungeons require taking a repeatable quest to be able to complete the dungeon. Repeat visitors may find this dungeon by traveling from Central Transfer Chamber to Battledepths, then going SE to the Heart of the Shiverpeaks entrance.
- 24 Dwarven Ghost (Use Light of Deldrimor near the first Resurrection Shrine on the first floor)
- 24 Dwarven Ghost near the exit to the second floor.
- 3x24 Dwarven Ghost (Use Light of Deldrimor near the first Resurrection Shrine on the second floor)
- 2x24 Dwarven Ghost (Use Light of Deldrimor between the 2 doors in the 2nd room south and north from the Res. shrine)
- 24 Dwarven Ghost (Use Light of Deldrimor east of the pool at the beginning of the 3rd floor)
- 24 Dwarven Ghost (Use Light of Deldrimor north west of the pool next to the wall at the beginning of the 3rd floor)
- There is a Hidden treasure after the map area next to an Ice Trap on the first floor.
- 2 hidden treasures near the exit to the 2nd floor on each side of last Res. shrine
- 21, 22 Ophil Cuicani
- When opened, the Mountain Heart Chest spawns 1 item for each player (2 in Hard Mode)
- Items rewards may be:
- 1500 Dwarven reputation points (2250 in Hard Mode) for a first time completion, and half the points for repeats.
- There are 12 Zombie Brute allies lining the path to Jacado the Putrid that turn hostile as soon as you aggro Jacado.
- There are pillar traps spread throughout the dungeon. These include:
- When Magmus is aggroed, many smaller oozes appear around him; when Magmus dies, even more Magma Blisters will spawn. Careful pulling is recommended so your party doesn't get overwhelmed. Note that several oozes use Ooze Division, further increasing the size of the mob.
- With 304 creatures to kill, including multiple bosses, the first level of this dungeon is a good farming ground for Deldrimor points.
- People often farm dungeon drops in the Heart of the Shiverpeaks, because of the way it can be easily run. The goal here is to run to third level and kill only Cyndr the Mountain Heart, or Magmus and his minions, to get the loot from the dungeon chest. This is often called a "HoS chest run." Note: This run still works, but takes slightly longer after the update on September 27th.
- People with ATI graphics cards may experience errors on the third floor.