General[edit | edit source]
Inquisitor Bauer is a member of the White Mantle, and according to the Guild Wars Lore, in charge of conducting investigations leading to discovering Shining Blade encampments and supporters.
Location[edit | edit source]
- North Kryta Province
- Scoundrel's Rise
Quest involved in[edit | edit source]
Skills used[edit | edit source]
- Angorodon's Gaze
- Barbed Signet
- Gaze of Contempt
- Oppressive Gaze
- Ravenous Gaze (elite)
- Vampiric Gaze
- Gaze of Fury
During Wanted: Inquisitor Bauer /:
- Enfeebling Blood
- Weaken Armor
- Weaken Knees (elite)
- Well of Silence
- "Find Their Weakness!"
- "Never Surrender!"
- "There's not enough time!!"
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
North Kryta Province[edit | edit source]
- Inquisitor Bauer: DAMN IT, we don't have time for this! Tell me where the Shining Blade is hiding.
- Farmer Dirk: I don't know anything! I'm just a simple hog farmer!
- Inquisitor Bauer: You're going to tell me what I want to know. It's just a question of how much it's going to hurt you.
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Careful boss, you can't keep killing all of our leads...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Don't question my methods!
- Inquisitor Bauer: That sure is a nice pig you have there. If you tell me what you know, I'll make sure nothing bad happens to him.
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Ummm... Boss?
- Inquisitor Bauer: Don't interrupt me while I'm interrogating a suspect!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: But...don't those guys over there look kind of familiar?
- Inquisitor Bauer: I don't have time to follow your ignorant hunches, I'm a professional!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Uhhh... Ok, you're the boss...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Do you see this pine cone? Do you know what I could do to you with with this pine cone?
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: Mmmmphy eees ellphin ehh ruuuph.
- Inquisitor Bauer: What? I can't understand a word you are saying! Why don't you take that stupid thing out of your mouth!?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: He said "Maybe he's telling the truth." He has a point... maybe this farmer doesn't know anything.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Impossible! Look, farmer, tell me what you know or things are going to start getting messy!
- Farmer Dirk: Fine, fine... the Shining Blade is hiding in... umm...
- Inquisitor Bauer: Out with it! We're running out of time!
- Farmer Dirk: They're in Scoundrel's Rise! Yeah, that's it! I mean... where else would scoundrels like them be?
- Inquisitor Bauer: Of course! You men stay behind and see if you can get any more information.
- Inquisitor Bauer: I'm going to Nebo Terrace to gather my "interrogation supplies" so I can be first to reach the traitor's camp.
- Inquisitor Bauer: I need to get there with haste! I don't want my suspects pre-beaten when I start my work!
- (Inquisitor Bauer runs off)
- Peacekeeper Marksman: So what do you people know about the Shining Blade?
- <Player Name>: The Shining who? Never heard of them.
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: mrrrmph ummmph huphin braaph?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: I agree, my hulking accomplice. Perhaps we should jog their memory.
- (All Peacekeepers turn hostile and attack you)
Scoundrel's Rise[edit | edit source]
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Like I said to the others, "A Shining Blade camp? Around here? Ridiculous!"
- Inquisitor Bauer: Impossible. I have infallible intelligence that proves the Shining Blade is working out of this area!
- Peacekeeper Enforcer: Ummph emphaaarrool eemmph?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Don't worry, I don't think he knows what infallible means either...
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Look, this entire area is infested with Skale and Mergoyles. Even the Shining Blade wouldn't set up in the middle of that.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Dammit!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Don't worry boss, you can't be right all the time...
- Inquisitor Bauer: No, you idiot! Clearly this means the Shining Blade have forged an alliance with the Skale and Mergoyles!
- Inquisitor Bauer: We'll need to interrogate the beasts one at a time. Hop to it!
- Peacekeeper Marksman: But... they can't talk!
- Inquisitor Bauer: Ha! The great Inquisitor Bauer can make anyone, or anything, talk!
- Camryn Jamison [Collector]: Is this guy serious?
- Peacekeeper Marksman: Honestly I don't... wait... Boss, there! Shining Blade operatives!
- Inquisitor Bauer: Ah ha! You thought you could hide among your beastly allies. No one hides from Inquisitor Bauer.
- <Player Name>: Blast! You know of the great Mergoyle accord. The rest of the White Mantle cannot know about this.
- Inquisitor Bauer: Take them alive. Start with these insolent fools!
(Entire group turns hostile and attacks you)
- Inquisitor Bauer: Dammit, we don't have time for this. I need back-up!
(Inquisitor Bauer runs off)