This article or section is related to the sequel to the original Guild Wars and is based on pre-release information. Since the game is not yet available, this information is subject to change.
Please respect these policies:
- Add only information that has been officially confirmed by ArenaNet or NCSoft.
- Refrain from copying/pasting material from other sites unless specifically permitted by their licensing.
Jormag is the Elder Dragon of Ice and Snow that can be found slumbering below the frozen waters of Drakkar Lake in the Far Shiverpeaks.
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Guild Wars Eye of the North.
It was Jormag's ancient power that enveloped Jora and her brother, Svanir. Jora lost her ability to become the bear and Svanir was transformed into the Nornbear and Jormag's first champion.
- A glow effect will appear on characters standing near its head.
- Jormag was previously referred to as Drakkar by players due to the explorable he is found in.
- Some players with unsupported video cards do not see the frozen water effects over Drakkar which enables a clear view of it under the ice.
- You can clearly see Drakkar's body shape on the radar and the map.
- Jormag may be a reference to Jörmungandr, the world serpent.
- Jormag resembles a Sauropterygian, specifically a plesiosaur more than the familiar winged dragons of medieval times.