Description[edit | edit source]
This area of Cantha's sprawling northern metropolis is also sometimes called "Old Kaineng" and is usually among the first stops of visitors to the Empire of the Dragon. Before the Jade Wind, the place now called Kaineng Center actually comprised most of Kaineng City, but the ensuing population explosion as citizens fled the affected regions led to an equal expansion of metropolitan boundaries. The central district's new, official moniker was approved by imperial decree in 1408 CC.
Kaineng Center is a town on the northwestern coast of Cantha. It is the economic center of the Kaineng City region. From its piers, ships set sail to the ports of other lands (i.e. the Battle Isles and other campaigns).
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Factions Campaign characters must travel north from The Marketplace through Bukdek Byway. This is a very easy run if the optimal route is taken (see map on the right). Curiously, the primary quest chain will not create an explicit need to visit Kaineng Center until much later in the campaign, so you will need to take your own initiative to get here in a timely fashion.
For characters of other campaigns, they will land at Bejunkan Pier, so will need to travel southeast to enter.
Exits[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Guild Services:
- Henchmen (Level 20):
- Merchants and Traders:
- Anja [Luxon Bard]
- Barkeep Mehoro
- Gorani [Kurzick Poet]
- Guardsman Chienpo
- Guardsman Ping
- Guardsman Zingpah
- Guildmaster Luan
- Hayate (Mercenary Registrar)
- Imperial Agent Hanjo
- Imperial Guardsman Kintae
- Imperial Guardsman Linro
- Jin Siyan
- Minister Nai
- Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon
- Ministry Guard
- Po Fang
- Shae Wong
- Xunlai Agent Honlo
Quests[edit | edit source]
Kaineng Center[edit | edit source]
- Barkeep Mehoro: The Drunken Master
- Bujo: Seek out Brother Tosai
- Guardsman Chienpo: Eliminate the Jade Brotherhood
- Guardsman Chienpo: Chaos in Kryta (for non-Prophecies characters only)
- Guardsman Ping: Eliminate the Am Fah
- Guildmaster Luan: The Emperor in Peril
- Guildmaster Luan: The Plot Thickens
- Guildmaster Luan: It Ends Here
- Guildmaster Luan: The Shadow Blades
- Guildmaster Luan: Lambs to the Slaughter
- Imperial Agent Hanjo: The Search for a Cure
- Imperial Agent Hanjo: A Monstrous Revelation
- Imperial Guardsman Kintae: The Afflicted Guard
- Imperial Guardsman Kintae: Feed the Hungry
- Imperial Guardsman Linro: Sunspears in Cantha (For non-Nightfall characters only)
- Minister Jaisan: Capturing the Orrian Tome (Factions characters only)
- Minister Jaisan: Minister's Test (Factions characters only)
- Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon: I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet
- Xunlai Agent Honlo: The Xunlai Agent
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Behind the Xunlai Agents is a hall leading to a locked room containing a golden chest along with high stacks of chests located in the background. By walking up to the gate and pressing the "Camera: Reverse Camera" key (Default Z), a dragon mural can be seen on the inside of the gate which is not visible from the outside. This same mural can be seen in the BMP mission, The Tengu Accords, and so the Kaineng mural might belong, or have a connection, to Minister Wona. This also might explain why it is "hidden".
- There is a sleeping cat inside the fence between Xue Yi and Guardsman Chienpo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the center of Kaineng City when reaching the top of the first set of stairs, one should note that when looking up at the tapestry (located above Minister Nai), the symbol located on the material looks almost identical to that of the symbol of the Borg.
- The fountain which is located only a few feet away is perfectly cube shaped and slate gray with hints of it looking almost identical to that of a Borg Ship from Star Trek.