The seat of power in Kryta, Lion's Arch housed the royal palace of King Doric and his line until after the last Guild War. Now, the White Mantle run the city. The old buildings have all been razed, making space for barracks and more practical structures.
The scenery within Lion's Arch is quite impressive, most notably the large rocks and plateaus that can be seen from the beach and docks, and the lion statue above the Crafter's Corner.
- Prophecies: Complete the Gates of Kryta mission. Or, by foot, exit the Shiverpeaks from Griffon's Mouth, into Scoundrel's Rise, and finally south through North Kryta Province. Often, people pay players known as "Runners" who run people (using various spells and armor to make them run faster). They are usually paid around 2-5K. These Runners are usually found in Ascalon City, Yak's Bend and other large towns.
- Factions: Complete the quest Chaos in Kryta.
- Nightfall: Accept the quest Terror in Tyria from Deras Tenderlin after completing The Time is Nigh.
- North Kryta Province (north)
- The Battle Isles (talk to Canthan Ferry Captain)
- Cantha (talk to Jiaju Tai to complete the quest Mhenlo's Request)
- Elona (talk to Lionguard Figo to complete the quest Sunspears in Kryta)
- Lion's Gate gate with a guard to the east, uphill from the merchants.
- Henchmen (level 10):
- Guild services:
- Merchants and Traders:
- Xunlai Agent (Storage)
- Acolyte Haitan
- Akemi (Scribe, access to Togo's Story)
- Archivist of Whispers (Scribe, access to Turai's Story)
- Armen the Guide
- Brother Bilshan
- Diane (Scribe, access to Saul's Story)
- Durmand (Historian: Access to Bonus Missions
- Gordon Ecker (Tyrian Loremaster, Questgiver)
- Jiaju Tai (Quest: The Weaver of Nebo)
- Len Caldoron (Quest: What Lies Beneath)
- Lionguards (numerous)
- Lionguard Bedo (access to Lion's Gate)
- Lionguard Figo
- Lionguard Reserve
- Loremaster Ermenred
- Magi Malaquire
- Tuomas (Scribe, access to Gwen's Story)
- 5 Rat
- The Frog (can sometimes be found in the International Districts)
- Valkenhien (Mercenary Registrar)
- Armen the Guide: Report to the White Mantle (Primary Quest)
- Bodrus the Outfitter: Merchant's Plea
- Firstwatch Sergio: The Villainy of Galrath
- Firstwatch Sergio: Mhenlo's Request
- Jiaju Tai: The Weaver of Nebo
- Len Caldoron: What Lies Beneath
- Lionguard Figo: Sunspears in Kryta
- Magi Malaquire: Orrian Excavation (Prophecies characters only)
- Magi Malaquire: Malaquire's Test (Prophecies characters only)
- Lion's Arch is the only town in Kryta, and the first one after Ascalon City.
- Lion's Arch goes through seasonal changes during Wintersday and Halloween.
- Lion's Arch had been named "Hakewood", "Tain", and "Siren's Cove" in early beta tests of the game.
- A few of the NPCs in town have names reminiscent to Star Wars characters. (Lionguard Bedo, Len Caldoron, to name a couple)