Description[edit | edit source]
Lucky Hochei is a Canthan guard found in Lion's Arch during the Canthan New Year festival. He fancies his luck in the upcoming year and as such, embarks on a flurry of Rock-Paper-Scissors games with anyone he meets.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
- "I'm Lucky Hochei, and I know this is the year for me! I'm going to be undefeatable in the guild arenas! You just watch me. In fact, I'm so sure of it, that if you can beat me in Rock-Paper-Scissors I'll give you a tasty treat and a fortune! If we tie you won't get a treat, but you will still get a fortune! You can't beat that. Just give me a Lunar Token to play!"
Rock, Paper, Scissors[edit | edit source]
Click to speak with him and pay 1 Lunar Token to play, then type either /rock, /paper or /scissors (or /scis).
- If you beat him you will receive a Lunar Fortune and a Sugary Blue Drink.
- If you tie him you get a Lunar Token.
- If you lose you will be knocked down and receive no item.
Each outcome has a 1/3 or 33% chance of occurring.
Note that if you give him a token and do not play, it still counts as a loss and you are knocked down.
Location[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hochei is a slower, but more generous, way of dispensing tokens. The Lunar Fortune Giver will give you one Lunar Fortune for three Lunar Tokens, whereas playing against Hochei wins one Fortune for two Tokens on average.
- Each round takes 27 seconds to play. Playing 100 consecutive rounds would take approximately 45 minutes.
- Winning or losing this "game" does not count towards the lucky or unlucky title track.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His dialogue when he's chosen rock is a reference to the Scorpions song "Rock You Like A Hurricane".