Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Nightfall.
- Elonian characters must complete 41 quests and 17 missions.
- Non-Elonian characters must complete 26 quests and 14 missions.
- All 20 missions must be completed with Master's Reward in order to earn the Protector of Elona title.
Primary Missions and Quests
Note for foreign characters: Characters created in other campaigns can travel to Elona by completing either Sunspears in Kryta or Sunspears in Cantha. After arriving in Elona, they must complete the following primary quest chain:
After that they will join the normal storyline at the fourth mission, Consulate Docks.
- At the first fork in the storyline, before mission 7, you must choose to follow either Margrid the Sly or the Master of Whispers, each of which will lead you through two quests to a mission. Choosing one path will prevent you from gaining the other hero until you have completed the campaign. This will not, however, prevent you from completing the other mission (although it is not required that you do so). To gain access to the other mission, you must:
- Choose your hero, and complete the quests so your hero joins your party.
- Travel to the other mission outpost on your own, since you will not be able to do the primary quests that lead to it.
- Party with someone who did choose that fork in order to enter the mission with the required hero in the party.
- The path you take on the second fork, at mission 10, is determined by your choice on the first fork. As in the first fork, you may (but are not required to) complete the alternative mission at any time, subject to the same requirements noted above.
- The third fork is different. The two quests to access Jennur's Horde and Nundu Bay are not mutually exclusive, thus you can complete both at the same time. Completion of either mission will allow you to carry on with the campaign.