|This article is about the actual Palawa Joko NPC. For the entry of the actor NPC portraying him in Tihark Orchard (mission), see "Palawa Joko".|
Warning: The following text contains spoilers relating to the plot of Nightfall.
The undead lord of the Desolation, Palawa once controlled the valleys leading north out of Elona from his strategically positioned Bone Palace. Commanding hordes of undead followers raised from ancient tombs, he invaded Vabbi, intent on conquering it and using its riches to make himself even more powerful. After he was defeated by the great Kournan hero, Turai Ossa, his body is said to have been imprisoned beneath a huge stone plinth. Many villainous individuals have attempted to commune with the spirit of the Scourge of Vabbi. As long as his history lives on, people will remember his name.
Quests Given[edit | edit source]
Quests Involved In[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
- The Desolation
- The Battle of Jahai (Bonus Mission Pack)
Skills Used[edit | edit source]
Bonus Mission Pack[edit | edit source]
Blood Magic 15
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
During Crossing the Desolation:
- "I'm getting too old for this...."
During and after Gate of Desolation:
- "I'm impressed by your confidence on the battlefield. Had you been on my side during the Battle of Jahai, perhaps history would tell a different tale."
During A Deal's a Deal:
- "You miserable hunks of desiccated flesh! I leave you alone for a few hundred years and you let everything go to hell! Now that I'm back, things are going to be different."
- "No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right! No, your other right! You worthless bits of animated anatomy!"
See also[edit | edit source]
- Jahai Bluffs holds the Monument to the Defeat of Palawa Joko.
- The Coffer of Joko is kept in Vehjin Mines.
Guild Wars 2[edit | edit source]
According to the PC Gamer Magazine, some time between the Nightfall campaign and Guild Wars 2, Palawa Joko went on a new campaign and this time, he crushed his resistance. Now his forces, along with an ancient dragon, act as a barrier between the Crystal Desert and the Desolation. Perhaps his most staggering victory seems to have been the subjugation of Vabbi by diverting their primary water source and causing a major famine. He is confirmed to be a minor antagonist in Guild Wars 2.