Plains of Jarin
|Plains of Jarin|
|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Plains of Jarin are a moderately-sized area located on Istan. It consists primarily of desert, though rolling green hills to the south and a lake to the north also exist. A river flows through here, which is surrounded by trees and lots of other foliage.
Exits[edit | edit source]
- Champion's Dawn (southwest)
- Kamadan, Jewel of Istan (southeast)
- Sunspear Great Hall (center)
- The Astralarium (northwest)
- Caverns Below Kamadan (via the Fissure)
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- 3 Elite Scout Zusoh (only during Securing Champion's Dawn)
- 3 Sunspear Warrior (only during Securing Champion's Dawn)
- Beastmaster Yapono
- Impressive Warthog
- Royal Chef Hatundo
- Sunspear Scout
- Dengo (only during Armored Transport)
- Elonbel (only during A Hidden Threat)
- Castellan Puuba (only during Quality Steel)
- Istani Noble
- Young Child
- Captain Gudur
- Suwash (only during Suwash the Pirate)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Plains of Jarin[edit | edit source]
- Note: All of the following quests, except Student Jin and Student Sousuke, are only available to Nightfall characters.
- Field General Hayao: Student Jin
- Field General Hayao: Student Sousuke
- Jerek: Following the Trail (Primary Quest)
- Jerek: Trial by Fire (Primary Quest)
- Mauban: Map-Travel Inventor
- Nehdukah: Hog Hunt
- Royal Chef Hatundo: Feast of Bokka
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- 10 (24) Irontooth Drake
- Humans (Corsairs) (only during quests)
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- 7 (26) Tarom Rockbreaker (Mandragor Slither)
- 5 (26) Suneh Stormbringer (Stormseed Jacaranda)
- 6 (26) Hassin Softskin (Preying Lance)
Animal Companions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you bring out a Black Moa just outside Sunspear Great Hall and walk up to Beastmaster Yapono and Chitundu, they will run away in fear of your Moa.
- Vanquishers must defeat 148-218 foes in this area.
- The Mandragors that spawn underground around Tarom Rockbreaker only have to be killed if you trigger them, otherwise they can be ignored.
- By default this is the only area in all of Elona that has to be vanquished with a party of four. However, you can caravan vanquish it by completing the Blacktide Den or Venta Cemetary missions with three heroes and Kihm, Herta, Sogolon, and Gehraz in your party - you will be sent to the Sunspear Great Hall or Kamadan, respectively, with the full party of eight, allowing you to vanquish this area more easily. The mission can be completed in Normal Mode, and you can switch to Hard Mode while in the outpost.
Bounties[edit | edit source]
The Sunspear bounties available in Plains of Jarin and which shrines they are offered at are listed in the following table; refer to the map at right for the exact locations of the shrines. In Normal Mode, they are only available to characters whose level and Sunspear rank are equal to or less than those noted in the table. All bounties are available to all characters in Hard Mode.
|Bounty||Shrines||Max Level||Max Rank|
|Insect Hunt||Center, North||7||Captain (5)|
|Plant Hunt||East, Southeast, Southwest|
|Skale Hunt||West, Northwest||12|