The distinguishing characteristic of reward trophies is that they are trophies that cannot be salvaged. Other general characteristics of reward trophies include:
- Stack in the inventory.
- Have a fixed merchant value of 0.
- Have no description in the inventory tooltip, although some newer items have a short "flavor text."
- Are obtained as rewards for quests or as drops during special events or in specific locations.
- Have one or more collectors who will give various items in exchange for a certain number of reward trophies.
- Since the definition of this item type is not based on any direct in-game identification, it necessarily results in a few somewhat anomalous classifications. For example:
- Trophy — the primary item type of which this is a subtype, distinguished by being salvageable.
- For a list of all reward trophies in the game, see: Concept:Reward trophies.