Seitung Harbor (mission 2)
This mission has been available at the yearly Dragon Festival.
Mission Objective[edit | edit source]
- Protect Seitung Harbor from the attacking "enemy forces." 0...9 of 9 waves destroyed.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 100 Victory Tokens
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Players must defeat 9 waves of enemies; they will spawn at the bottom of Saoshang Trail with a number of NPC's. The enemies spawn further up the trail from chaos rift props, starting with a mix of Banished Dream Riders and Wrathful Storms. The enemies move from the rifts towards the players' spawn location, and once one enemy is defeated, one or two more will spawn from the rifts and begin moving. This process repeats until all enemies are defeated.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- On the right side of the trail halfway between the players' and enemies' spawning locations is a nook in which players can run and hide, safe from enemy attacks, before the first enemy spawn reaches them. While the enemies attack the NPC's, the players can run past the Banished Dream Rider backline toward the rifts; the Riders will chase them, but will eventually lose interest. This first spawn will congregate around the players' spawn location and stay there, and since new enemies only spawn when existing enemies are defeated, the players can attack at will. Players can pull single enemies away from the enemy campsite; an effective strategy is to pull a single enemy to the rifts and defeat it there. One or two enemies will spawn to take its place, much easier to defeat than a full group. If one player dies, it is advisable to retreat up Saoshang Trail, which remains entirely unblocked, until the enemies lose interest. The enemies will then head towards their campsite leaving the dead player's corpse exposed for resurrection.
Skill recommendations[edit | edit source]
- With a group size of four, defense and/or healing skills is recommendable for all characters (e.g. wards, slowing, crippling, blinding, interruption, etc.)
- Hex removal skills help counter the mesmers.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Allies[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- 30 The Fury
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using the first strategy listed above, this mission can be completed fairly quickly with heroes.
- The Fury does not have the skill set of its Domain of Anguish counterpart.
- The monsters use the actor skins pictured on the individual monster pages.
- There is another mission for Seitung Harbor. See Seitung Harbor (mission)
Historic Information[edit | edit source]
During Dragon Festival 2006 the objective and reward were:
- Protect Seitung Harbor from the Chaos. There are 9 waves to go through.
- Reward: 100 Jade Wind Orbs.