|This article is about the species. For the monster found in GW:EN, see Spider (monster).|
Spiders in Guild Wars are the traditional Giant Spiders found in the fairytales and myths of many cultures. They resemble a real spider except that they are roughly the size of a human.
On one hand bringing skills/items that remove or shorten the poison condition is nice, but on the other hand spiders usually re-inflict the condition so quickly, that it doesn't make much sense to remove it. Instead, better be prepared to be constantly poisoned while fighting spiders and use healing to counter it.
On the weakness side, keep in mind that Spiders ...
- are fleshy creatures.
- are susceptible to all conditions, incl. bleeding, poison and disease.
- leave a corpse behind.
- are not undead.
- can be knocked down.
Spiders may drop the following loot (besides gold and various weapons and items):
|Crafting Materials||Pile of Glittering Dust|
|Salvage Items||various (Spider Webs)|
|Pre-Searing Ascalon||2 Deadly Crypt Spider
2/3 Giant Needle Spider
3 Giant Tree Spider
1 Moss Spider
|Maguuma Jungle||16 Maguuma Spider||Ebon Spider Leg|
|Ring of Fire Islands||24 Lava Spitter||Igneous Spider Leg|
|Eye of the North|
|Depths of Tyria||24 Needling Lavastrider
|Depths of Tyria and
The Tarnished Coast
|The Tarnished Coast||14 Spider||?|
|Realms of the Gods (Core)|
|Fissure of Woe||24 Armored Cave Spider||Corrosive Spider Leg|
A number of other arachnoid creatures in Guild Wars are not not considered belonging to the spider species according to game mechanics, although at a glance they may look like a spider:
- Small spiders (e.g. Moss Spiders and Black Widows) are animals
- Dryders are a separate species
- Devourers are a separate species
- Crystal Spiders are spider-shaped Elementals
- Certain spiders in Elona are categorized as part of a larger Insects species. This is not confirmed for the rest of the spiders in the game.