I was wondering why I see more and more people wanting to buy Charr Carvings for 10 to 15 gp each. Any ideas? --Mendar 05:13, 12 April 2006 (CDT)
- Because they're hoarding the +5 energy wand from Wain Hughes, speculating on an upcoming nerf? Just my guess. — Stabber (talk) 05:29, 12 April 2006 (CDT)
- Because Charr Carving, along with Stone Summit Badge, has been a recurrent collectors item used in special events. | Chuiu 13:23, 12 April 2006 (CDT)
- I had already thought of the special events, but isn't it wishfull thinking that ANet is going to use those items again for the special collectors? I dunno... As for the nerf hypothesis, when an item is deemed too powerful, don't they remove it from the game altogether? I'm thinking of that special axe that used to be able to hold two grips at a time. They were removed even from the players inventories. --Mendar 16:40, 12 April 2006 (CDT)
- Anet aren't consistent about what they remove and what they don't. The SoA axe and the Lieutenant's Helm were globally replaced with items with different mods. However, the HoD sword, the pre-nerf Fiery Flame Spitter, and the pre-nerf 20/20 Rockmolder are still available for purchase from players, although new ones are no longer obtainable. — Stabber (talk) 16:50, 12 April 2006 (CDT)
any use of these in pre sear?
- no Cress Arvein(Talk) 18:53, 3 February 2008 (UTC)