Druids are not Ghosts. They are green and translucent but they are not faded like Ghosts. In addition, if we rely on traditional RPG lore, then druids are not related to ghosts. If we follow the game's lore (which you referenced correctly), then they are spirits of the nature, not souls of dead people. And has anyone encountered a druid who was a ranger? --Karlos 13:13, 8 Sep 2005 (EST)
- I'm not going to argue with you, I was simply going off of appearance at a glance, but if you look at the picture, they do fade, at the legs. :) As for ranger, what class would you make them? --Rainith 13:19, 8 Sep 2005 (EST)
source of info?
I don't recall this bit in the game, can anyone confirm the in-game source? "They were once humans so deeply into nature, that they gave up their own bodies and "transcended" to being ethereal beings in order to be one with nature" I know one of the quests mention that they gave up their mortal bodies, but I didn't think it mentioned them once being human. --Barek 05:53, 26 March 2006 (CST)
Druids are not all spirits/ghosts!
- Years ago, many tribes of human druids lived among the Maguuma’s lush greenery and wildlife.
Emphasis mine. — Stabber ✍ 16:39, 25 April 2006 (CDT)
- If you add the next sentence:
- But it has been a long time since anyone has heard word from them, and many believe that they were eaten by hostile jungle creatures or simply swallowed whole by the man-eating plants now rampant in the jungle.
- I personally don't recall seeing a single non-sprity type druid in the game. --Rainith 16:46, 25 April 2006 (CDT)
- Right, but the idea that you have to be a transcended mumbojumbo to be a druid, as stated above, isn't necessarily the case. — Stabber ✍ 16:48, 25 April 2006 (CDT)
- Maybe if you're going into the realms of possiblities, but if you stick to what is found in the game... It's possible that Lady Althea and Garfaz Bloodfang (or whatever his name was) fell in love and were happily married until Rurik found out, flew into a jelous rage, killed her and started all these wild rumors to cover his tracks (including making dark pacts with Grenth to conjure a spirit that looked like Althea and parroted Rurik's story), but I kinda doubt it. ;) --Rainith 17:07, 25 April 2006 (CDT)
druid + gaze of fury = bye bye druid? ^^