Guildwiki fansite status[edit source]
I can see why GuildWiki previously had Listed Fansite status; but now that we have partnered with guildwarsguru to have a [forum] linked from the Main Page, I think we should contact Arenanet and try to at least achieve Official Fansite status, if not Elite Fansite status. --188.8.131.52 06:49, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- *sob* Ok, check out: GuildWiki talk:Community Portal#Miffed --Karlos 08:46, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- Karlos, thanks; but I had already seen that discussion. The consensus on that thread is that everyone is, well, miffed. But, no mention of what should be done or tried. Most on that thread seem to be upset that we're not up to elite status. I was surprised to read here that we're not even up to Official status.
- So, to make progress and get passed the miffed stage; who would need to contact Arenanet on this? Gravewit? Any admin? Anyone who contributes? What is the next step to at least gain Official Fansite status, if not up to elite; and who needs to be involved with that discussion with Arenanet? --184.108.40.206 08:56, 15 March 2006 (CST)
- For just official, not Elite, perhaps everyone who uses GuildWars can send Gaily an email. Elite needs regular visitor traffic reports to Anet, so I think at least an admin is needed for that. But official status seems to be alright. So my suggestion is to have everyone write Gaily an email, quoting the Official Status qualifications here, and line-by-line demonstrate that GuildWiki meets the requirements. -PanSola 10:02, 15 March 2006 (CST)
We're now listed as a Speciality Fansite, alongside Photics. What in the world is a Speciality Fansite? Kessel 20:12, 21 July 2006 (CDT)
- I think of it as fansites that offer stuff different from the typical fansite. Photics got the monthly magazine, we got a wiki, I'm surprised the pod cast site didn't make it into Speciality. -User:PanSola (talk to the ) 20:18, 21 July 2006 (CDT)