The current walkthrough seem to imply it's ok to get all the villagers die during the quest. It also seems to imply Mayor's death only cause you to fail the quest, so if you aren't planning to do the quest it is ok for him to die (pulling a Coldnight Fire slowly to him).
I believe the Mayor's death gets you kicked out of UW, EVEN WITHOUT the quest.
I believe the death of all villagers gets you kicked out of UW, EVEN WITH this quest.
Can somebody verify that? -PanSola 02:26, 13 December 2005 (UTC)
- I can verify that it is impossible to get the mayor killed, believe me I tried :D The ghosts just ignore him — Skuld 06:28, 20 February 2006 (CST)
- I added a trick to avoid losing the quest, but I have heard rumors that you don't lose the quest even if all of the spirits die. Is this true? Don't the spirits attack the Mayor after all of the friendly spirits are dead resulting in a failure? Gem 16:33, 26 February 2006 (CST)
- I failed there multiple times when all friendly spirits were killed. So either those rumors are incorrect or they changed it (haven't been there in a while). --Eightyfour-onesevenfive 16:44, 26 February 2006 (CST)
- Can someone update the quest info, as it is completely wrong? The Tortured Spirits are level 15. Also for some reason I got thrown out of UW with 12 friendly spirits still remaining, and when you kill spirits in a group the friendlies seem to turn hostile. --188.8.131.52 18:09, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You're right, the quest article is hugely outdated, I'll try to look on it the next time I do this quest to know the exact numbers.. ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 13:17, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I tried to re-work the walkthrough now, hope it will be more helpful like this. ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 23:04, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
If the New Souls die it fails the entire party. Retro77 21:59, 30 December 2007 (UTC)
can you trap these?
Is the treasure box at the end of this quest bugged? 1) Finished quest, didn't accept reward, opened box and nothing popped out. Accepted reward, but still nothing from box; 2) Finished quest, didn't accept reward, my friend opens box and gets the prize, box won't open for me. Accept reward and still nothing. Each time I still had the graspers by the bridge. --CosetteLoveSong 14:50, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Heroes and henches can get items from the chest, too. --- -- (s)talkpage 14:52, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
- Those chests (and the ones in the FoW) are useless. The items they give are no more valuable than ones dropped by nearby monsters. --Macros 15:11, February 5, 2010 (UTC)