|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
In contrast to the relatively dry Ettin's Back and Dry Top that precede it, Tangle Root is lush with vegetation. Likewise, adventurers will see numerous Jungle Trolls and Jungle Skales across the region. The center of the jungle is inaccessible from the west, so adventurers must travel along the southern border past Maguuma Stade then north to reach the Henge of Denravi. Be wary of the narrow log bridges when skales are grouped around underneath it, as they can occasionally body block those above them from crossing the bridge. The easiest access to this valley in the center of Tangle Root is from the river just south of Old Joness.
Note: there is a log bridge due north, as well as log bridges to the east of the entrance to Maguuma Stade that connect the north and south sides.
In addition to the Stade, Old Joness in the southeast corner allows adventurers to use his boat to travel to Riverside Province to the east.
- Dry Top (northwest)
Towns and Outposts
Henge of Denravi (northeast)
Maguuma Stade (south)
- Rare Material Crafter:
- 17 (25) Wind Rider
- 16 (25) Moss Scarab
- 19 (25) Jungle Skale
- 14, 18 (24,25) Jungle Troll
- 20 (29) Marrg Grummbool
- Vanquishers must defeat 197-233 foes in this area.
- Jungle Trolls in this area are often accompanied by pop-up Life Pods and Moss Scarabs.
- The south-west corner of the area has a significant number of varied monsters bunched tightly together, with a conveniently located Resurrection Shrine nearby.
- The south-east corner of the area and a section in the middle of the map to the north of the Maguuma Stade exit feature multiple levels with varied monsters, waterfalls and ponds offering the Fount of Maguuma effect.
- You can attack enemies (mostly Jungle Trolls) from above when standing on the tree root bridges, especially for close-combat professions.