|The Alkali Pan|
|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
The Alkali Pan is an explorable area in The Desolation. It is notable for the large sulpuhurous lowlands in the East and Northwest that give it its name. As such, most of it can- and indeed must- be traversed in a Junundu, with the exceptions of a region in the southwest bordered by blackstone and a system of buttes and plateaus in the Northeast linked by bridges.
- East: Bone Palace
- North: Ruins of Morah (outpost)
- West: Crystal Overlook
- Northwest: The Ruptured Heart
- Northeast: The Shattered Ravines
- Bone Palace: Elemental Hunt
- Crystal Overlook: Undead Hunt
- Ruins of Morah: Monolith Hunt
- The Ruptured Heart: Undead Hunt
- The Shattered Ravines: Monolith Hunt
- Torment creatures
- 24 (26) Awakened Blademaster
- 24 (26) Awakened Gray Giant
- 24 (26) Awakened Acolyte
- 24 (26) Awakened Defiler
- 24 (26) Awakened Thought Leech
- 24 (26) Carven Effigy
- 24 (26) Awakened Cavalier
- 24 (26) Awakened Dune Carver
- 28 (30) Desert Wurm
- 5 Hyena
The following undead bosses only appear during the quest Under New Management, and because they become neutral when their health falls below 20%, you cannot gain a morale boost from them or capture their elite skills.
- Vanquishers must defeat 281-308 foes in this area.
- The quest Under New Management spawns additional foes, but defeating the commander in each group will cause all of them to become neutral.
- With a well placed Junundu Smash, the pillar next to the collector Fumeai can be knocked down for a more direct access to him from the Ruins of Morah
- The large Awakened party with Shelkeh the Hungry is far and away the greatest challenge. Consider leaving from the Ruins of Morah and doing that early, saving yourself from a frustrating end if you find you can't beat it.