|Map|This article has an associated Zaishen Challenge Quest.
Like all the rest of Ascalon this area, once a beautiful land of green hills and lush foliage, has been completely ravaged in the Searing by the Charr. It is now a rough and dry land, with little to no plants, only rocks and a few thorn scrubs. Fresh water streams were turned into lakes of tar. All settlements lie in ruins.
For a long time, even before the Searing, this had been Charr territory. After the Searing the Ascalon Vanguard established an outpost in the ruins of Piken Square as a base for attacks against the Charr.
The Breach is often the first area a character newly arrived to Post-Searing faces severe challenges.
Towns and Outposts
Points of Interest
Note: Numbers refer to the green Numbers used in the map
- Joe (3) (only during quest Army Life)
- Ascalon Warrior (1)
- Captain West (1)
- Old Mac (3) (only during quest Army Life)
- Academy Monk (1)
- Sally Kaugie (2)
- Shield Stance from Charr Captain and Gorgaan Hatemonger (not available before Dropping Eaves quest at Ettin's Back).
Note: text refers to the red acronyms used in the map
- (Dev) Devourers:
- (Spr) Sprouts:
- 5 (23) Crown of Thorns
- (Garg) Gargoyles:
- (Beh) Behemoth:
- 6 (23) Tar Behemoth
- (Charr) Charr
Note: Numbers refer to the red Numbers used in the map
- (3/4/5/6) Charr:
- 10 (27) Charr Captain (2) (only during quest The Siege of Piken Square)
- 7 (26) Gorgaan Hatemonger
- 7 (26) Drim Cindershot
- 7 (26) Grimm Sharpfang (1) (only during quest Hammer and Anvil)
- 7 (26) Taag Relicbinder
- 7 (26) Cess Corpselighter
- 10 (27) Kaargoth Bloodclaw (Not marked) (only during quest Charr Reinforcements)
- 7 (26)Mirash Dreambreaker
- 7 (26) Suurg the Hateful
- Vanquishers must defeat 100-135 monsters in this area.
- Near the exit to Old Ascalon is a group of guards and an Academy Monk (possibly depending on certain quests, possibly a random spawn), if you bring an MM while vanquishing, you can get the monk to follow you as she tries to heal the minions. She can be very helpful when a Charr Mind Spark inevitably casts Power Block on your monk.