The Drunken Master
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Find Drinkmaster Tahnu.
- Defeat Drinkmaster Tahnu.
- See Barkeep Mehoro for your reward.
- "You’re <name>? What luck! Tales of your battle prowess have been circulating throughout Kaineng City, and I was hoping to speak with you. I have a job for you, if you are interested in making a little cash. My name’s Barkeep Mehoro, owner of the Drunken Dragon, the finest drinking establishment in Bukdek Byway. Not long ago, a man who calls himself Drinkmaster Tahnu took up residence outside my tavern challenging any who enter to a fight. Although he drinks more than four men, he still manages to win every fight, and he has driven off all my customers! He will not leave until someone defeats him in combat.
- I beg of you, defeat Drinkmaster Tahnu so my customers can imbibe in peace!"
- Accept: "I will defeat Master Tahnu."
- Reject: "I'd rather get drunk instead."
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Drinkmaster Tahnu: "So <hiccup> yer the ones the barkeep hired to beat me, eh? <Hiccup> I'll give you the thrashing of a lifetime! You don' stand a chance! <Hiccup>"
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Drinkmaster Tahnu: "I'm drunk enough to know when I've been beaten. <Hiccup> Well fought! This here tavern is yours is to do want you what with. Er, what you want with. 'Scuse me as I stumble off to the next watering hole. <Hiccup>"
Intermediate Dialogue 3
- Drinkmaster Tahnu: "Ugh, the pain! <Hiccup> I'll need half a dozen mugs of good Canthan ale to help me forget such a beating!"
- "I will inform my regulars that it is safe to resume drinking! Er, responsible drinking, of course! Thank you again, brave hero."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The "drunken master" is close by, just a short distance outside Kaineng Center, past a few afflicted. He is no threat at all to a full party.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you have this quest then the Afflicted in the square outside Kaineng will not appear, it is therefore useful to keep this quest until you know you will not need to go there again. Just avoid aggroing the Drinkmaster since if you defeat him then it is over.
- If you follow The Drinkmaster after you defeat him, he leads you back to the Kaineng Center, then dies right in front of the portal. Strangely, however, his corpse keeps talking.
- Often, The Drinkmaster will get stuck by NPCs, and won't die.
- If Chasing Zenmai is active, and Eliminate the Jade Brotherhood and Eliminate the Am Fah are not active, this quest when completed in hard mode results in an instant vanquish.