- Get past the fire traps in the burning section of the catacombs. (Use bone horrors to trigger the traps.)
- Defeat the Tomb Nightmare.
- Return to Necromancer Munne for your reward.
- Prophecies Pre-Searing Character
- <primary profession> Test
- Note: This quest will become unavailable to non-Necromancers who have decided upon a non-Necromancer secondary profession.
- 250 XP
- "Not everyone can be a Necromancer. For example, one of my latest students went into the catacombs to summon a dark entity. Since he hasn't come back, I can only surmise his creation probably ate him.
- If you will agree to destroy the nightmare he summoned, I will show you where he went and give you a spell to help. But I warn you, you'll have to be clever to get past the fire traps in that part of the tombs. Of course, if you fail, I shall use your corpse as fodder for the next, more worthy, student."
- Accept: "I'm on my way."
- Reject: "I don't think so."
Intermediate Dialogue 1
- Necromancer Munne: "Follow me, I'll show you where the last novice died."
- Necromancer Munne: "Try to keep up."
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Necromancer Munne: "Here we are. Are you ready?"
Intermediate Dialogue 3 (Necromancer Munne)
- "Always remember, a Necromancer's strength is in the others weakness. Use your summoned minions to set off the traps. You are on your own to kill the nightmare in the east room after that."
- "Most impressive. You dispatched that nightmare rather quickly. You show some real talent for the work."
Munne gives you the following skills:
Follow Munne as she leads you into The Catacombs and then directs you down a hallway. A Carrion Devourer will spawn and trigger the first flame trap, called a Flame Geyser (hold down the "Alt" key to see them). To trigger the next two Flame Geysers, use Animate Bone Horror on the corpses nearby to create Bone Horrors which will run towards you and so through the traps, setting them off. When you reach the room with the Tomb Nightmare, kill it and then return to Munne for your reward. At the last trap if you have a flatbow or a longbow you can walk close to the trap then shoot an arrow at the nightmare. Once hit it will run towards you and trigger the trap killing itself. If not, a single use of Deathly Swarm, given during this quest, will kill the nightmare.