- Travel to Bukdek Byway to protect the citizens from the retreating gangs.
- Defeat the mercenaries attacking civilians.
- Do not allow more than three groups of Peasants to die.
- Listen to Eri, Heart of Fire and determine her fate.
- See Guardsman Qao Lin for your reward.
- Guardsman Qao Lin in Kaineng Center
- While your valor has certainly earned you a moment's rest, I'm afraid the Am Fah and Jade Brotherhood disagree. It seems they aren't taking their failure particularly well and are leaving a wake of destruction behind them as they fall back to regroup. At first they were simply looting the city, unwilling to go home empty-handed, but things are starting to turn a lot uglier out there. They've begin terrorizing the residents for sport, and I fear many lives will be lost if we do not intervene immediately.
- My forces are too few to handle this alone, and the Ministry of Purity is nowhere to be found. You'd almost think they wanted the palace to fall! Our fine citizens have already had to endure far too many hardships; we can't stand idly by as these thugs kidnap, rob, and murder them! Please, if you are able, I ask you to go out and teach these bullies ot pick on someone their own size!
- Accept: We'll see who's terrified when I'm done with them!
- Reject: Oh, come on, I just saved your entire empire from certain destruction. I need a vacation!
- When asked about quest:
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (various groups)
Intermediate Dialogue 2 (Eri, Heart of Fire)
- Eri, Heart of Fire: You fool! You have cursed us all to a life under the tyrrany of the Ministry of Purity!
- <party leader>: At least the Ministry of Purity doesn't murder people for their gold. I'm no advocate for the Ministry, but I hardly see criminals as a viable alternative.
- Eri, Heart of Fire: No, the Ministry of Purity just kills them for their ideals. For thinking differently. Is that really so much better?
- <party leader>: I know what the gangs' plans were. Your allies brought these mercenaries here, and now they run rampant through the streets!
- Eri, Heart of Fire: You knew the plans of two dead men, but don't presume to know what drives me. We are each individuals with our own motivations.
- <party leader>: Oh, and what's your motivation?
- Eri, Heart of Fire: The Ministry took someone from me. Someone who was very dear to me. I fight to stop others from having their lives destroyed for the sake of peace and security.
- Eri, Heart of Fire: Even if I must fight alongside criminals to do so. If that makes me evil, if that makes me a monster, strike me down here and now.
- Eri, Heart of Fire: If not, I bid you farewell.
- Eri, Heart of Fire: I just hope you're as good as you think you are, because thanks to your actions, you're one of the few remaining people standing in the Ministry's way.
- Thank you, <party leader>. You've scared those fiends back into their holes for the time being, it seems. It will take them quite a while to muster enough forces to try to pull something like that off again, and something tells me their credit isn't going to be good with many mercenaries anymore. I, for one, don't plan on waiting around until they've regained their strength, and plan on hunting them down to end this once and for all!