Treasure Hunter title track
Rank Title High-end chests opened Salvage/Lockpick bonus 1 Treasure Hunter 100 3% 2 Adept Treasure Hunter 250 6% 3 Advanced Treasure Hunter 550 9% 4 Expert Treasure Hunter 1,200 12% 5 Elite Treasure Hunter 2,500 15% 6 Master Treasure Hunter 5,000 18% 7 Grandmaster Treasure Hunter 10,000 21%
- High end chests require a key costing at least 600 at a merchant.
- The Wisdom and Treasure Hunter bonuses stack in determining the chance of retaining an item after salvaging a magical upgrade from it.
- The Lucky and Treasure Hunter bonuses stack in determining the chance of retaining lockpicks after opening treasure chests.
- The Treasure Hunter display in the Monument of Honor requires rank 7.
- As of the June 11th 2009 update Treasure Hunter now contributes to gaining The Favor of the Gods.
Cost of becoming grandmaster
The lowest cost to earn the Grandmaster Treasure Hunter title is about 4,510, which requires purchasing 3,764 lockpicks at a Luxon or Kurzick Discount Merchant for 1.2 each. Using all keys from regular merchants costs 6,000. Five different methods are compared below:
Method Cost per Key/Pick Total Cost Notes Normal Keys 600 6000 Cheapest high-end keys available at outposts. Discounted keys 480 4800 Cheapest high-end Keys available at Kurzick or Luxon discount merchants. Lockpicks 1 500 5646 3,764 lockpicks purchased at merchants. Trade-priced Lockpicks 1 250 4705 3,764 lockpicks traded at standard rate. Discounted Lockpicks 1 200 4516 800 3,764 lockpicks purchased at Kurzick or Luxon discount merchants.
- The costs above do not take into account loot found.
- All methods assume that players open the lowest cost high-end chests, which also has the best retention rates for lockpicks (and provides the cheapest way to progress the Lucky title using lockpicks).
- The standard trade price for lockpicks is 1 250 and is generally available in the major trading towns; the discount price is only available at Factions merchants.
- The lockpick costs assume that the player starts with 0 points in Lucky & Treasure Hunter and that the player will use 3,764 picks to open 10,000 chests. The number of picks was determined by assuming that the player starts off opening 33 chests using 20 picks (at the 40% retention rate) and, near the end, can open over 45 chests with 20 picks (with an 18% bonus as a Master Treasure Hunter and an 8% bonus from being Prosperous).
|Asura Allegiance • Cartographer • Champion • Commander • Codex • Defender of Ascalon • Deldrimor Allegiance • Drunkard • Ebon Vanguard Allegiance • Faction Allegiance • Gamer • Gladiator • Guardian • Hero • Kind Of A Big Deal • Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher • Lightbringer • Lucky/Unlucky • Master of the North • Norn Allegiance • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Sunspear • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Treasure Hunter • Vanquisher • Wisdom • Zaishen|