Trouble in the Woods
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Go to Lakeside County and follow the road to Ashford. Talk to Devona about the Grawl threat.
- Go with Devona and destroy the Grawl threatening Ashford.
- See Devona for your reward.
- "Grim news from Devona in Ashford: A clan of Grawl has swept north from the woods and into Lakeside County. If they are not stopped, the village will surely be destroyed! Someone must fight these creatures and protect the people of Ashford.
- Coordinate your efforts with Devona."
- Accept: "I'll stop the Grawl!"
- Reject: "Ashford is not my concern."
Intermediate Dialogue 1 (Devona)
- "The Grawl have been mustering south of the bridge. Let's see if we can turn back their attack. Follow me!"
Intermediate Dialogue 2
- Devona: "What is that Charr doing south of the Wall?"
- "Aye. I think the village is safe for now. The Grawl are not very intelligent, but even they understand a show of force. What really troubles me is the presence of that Charr Ranger. Could he be inciting the Grawl to attack for some reason? I will warn Rurik of this threat. Thank you for your aid."
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After acquiring the quest, talk to Devona and follow her across the bridge toward the southeast. Some Grawl appear, tailed by a single Charr Ranger, Vatlaaw Doomtooth, who quickly runs the other way making it impossible to attack him (except under unusual conditions, see Notes section below). There are some Skale in the area, and Devona will sometimes aggro them as well as the Grawl. Nonetheless, she is usually capable of defeating all of them, with or without your help, so if you want to take the coward's way, stay back and try not to get hurt.
Even if Devona dies, if you defeat the remaining Grawl and then rezone, Devona will be alive again and ready to give you your reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vatlaaw Doomtooth can be killed if he gets body blocked. If Trina Yunn is coming back from Regent Valley at the time, Vatlaaw Doomtooth may get caught on her at a certain position. If this happens, then he can be attacked and killed. You can also activate the quest and run around the devourer cave to approach from the south east side, and try to stand in his way.
- Vatlaaw Doomtooth can be killed by a Mesmer. After crossing the bridge, the Mesmer makes a long clock-wise circle around the mountain with the big cave, and approaches Doomtooth from the other side. Use Imagined Burden to slow him down, Conjure Phantasm and other offense to kill him. Two characters makes this easier.