The Obsidian Tank takes the high armor/health/durability of the warrior class, and adds to it the defensive capabilities of the Elementalist Earth Magic enchantments. It's purpose is to take/hold aggro and soak up damage. It is strictly a PvE build with little use outside of very high level areas like the Domain of Anguish and Sorrow's Furnace, where variations of this build have been a staple for ages. It pairs very well with a monk bonder build.
Attributes and Skills
|Warrior / Elementalist||Attribute Rank|
|Strength||12 + 1 + 1|
- Optional skill slot can be replaced by:
- A +5 energy axe/sword of Enchanting.
- A Strength Shield with a "Sheltered by Faith" inscription and a Shield Handle of Devotion.
- An Earth Focus with a "Sheltered by Faith" or "Faith is My Shield" inscription and a Focus Core of Devotion. Both availible from Kehjim in The Kodash Bazaar or Grif Ebonmane in Command Post.
Fairly straight forward. Use Signet of Stamina when first entering an area, and never attack anything (unless you need to pull with a bow). Run in and aggro the group of mobs when your team is ready, while under Endure Pain and with your shield equipped to help against the initial spike of damage.
Once in the middle of the group of enemies, use Dolyak Signet and switch to your Earth Focus to start putting up your enchantments. Start with Obsidian Flesh, followed by Armor of Earth, and then Stoneflesh Aura. Use Grasping Earth to slow the movement of the nearby enemies, and switch back to your shield.
Maintain your enchantments as needed, using Stoneflesh Aura, Obsidian Flesh, and Dolyak Signet whenever they become available. Armor of Earth only needs to be reapplied every 30 seconds. Grasping Earth can be used every 15 seconds or so, whenever a group shifts, or when your allies start a nuke cycle. Stay with your Shield equipped as much as possible for the armor, equipping the Earth Focus only when you need the energy to cast an enchantment. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
- Any interruption skills
- Skills that cause longer cast times (Migraine)
- Heavy enchantment removal (Obsidian Flesh will guard against most)
- [[Build:Mo/Me Barrier Bond Monk]]
Original author: Damnreds
Additional contributors: Dazra, Zeratul, TboneK, 18.104.22.168, Zerris, Fyren, 22.214.171.124, TheDrifter, 126.96.36.199, Eightyfour-onesevenfive, BrianG, Defiant Elements, Dirigible