Why Play GW?
It would be similar to building a deck in Magic: The Gathering: The more cards you own, the greater the number of different playing decks you can choose to play. When you buy the chapters of Guild Wars, you will acquire a larger collection of skills and abilities from which to build your skill set, but you will not gain more power. - Guild Wars FAQ
- Joined because of gameplay similar to Magic: the Gathering (no overpowered things, regular balancing)
- Business Model with no monthly fee, so when you are busy you don't feel compelled to play and end up screwed
- Skill balancing and skill-based play: best balanced skill system besides MtG online, which is a CCG not 3D and doesn't have missions/quests
- Eliminates grind of leveling skills and attributes
- Decent level cap attainment, unlike some other games with lvl 60, 100+ level caps that take forever
- Mission/Quest based Goal versus level goals
- full 3D, not 3D on isometric background
- minimal time investment (much like RTS/FPS)
- Fusion of RTS and FPS elements: interrupts, resource control, capture the flag
- World Championship based on skill
- Observer mode to learn new strategies and to think of counters
- No skill-leveling BS grinding such as "Fire attack Level 1 --> Fire attack Level 2" after zapping something 50000000 times with Fire
- Vanity armor provides no extra stats, just appearance
- Customization of weapons/armor
- Instant PvP Characters
- Only one "server" - server infrastructure allows playing with anyone via International Districts
- Ability to choose male/female character regardless of class
- Designate PvP areas, instead of random PKing
- At least 20 skills per class
- Banning of cheaters/hackers
- Low server downtime
- The developers play on a regular basis, and alpha testers play all the time (24/7)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_MMORPGs ;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MMORPGs ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_games
- http://www.mmosite.com/ ; http://www.ign.com/ ; http://www.gamespot.com ; http://www.gamespy.com/ ; http://mmorpg.com/index.cfm?bhcp=1
- http://www.onrpg.com/ ; http://www.play-free-online-games.com/games/games_rpg.html ; http://www.freemmorpglist.com/
- Played Guild Wars in E3 for Everyone & World Preview Event in 2004
- "Life Infusion" was a character CARRIED OVER from these 2 events. It was an E/Mo. It had to be remade after I got the Prophecies campaign since the Server wipe in preparation for launch changed it into a Warrior (ugh). Therefore it does not have the full /age count...
- Prophecies Standard Edition (It's okay, I got everything from the CE, since someone that quit to play Elder Scrolls Oblivion gave me: the art book, manuals, authentic soundtrack... I'm only missing the Divine Aura, box, and headset)
- Missed preorder :(
- Factions Collector's Edition (map poster is useful, soundtrack + bonus music key is good, art book is nice, using the mouse pad at the moment; the only thing bad about it was the Ritualist themed box because I wanted an assassin box and calendar/stickers aren't too useful)
- Didn't get a T-shirt though I got CE...I'm guessing the sales people hid them or something...
- Nightfall Collector's Edition (got it for the behind-the-scenes DVD, art book, music CD, map poster, but skill pins aren't too useful other than for novelty value)
- Prerelease Bonus Pack
- Prophecies Preorder weapons
- 2006 edition/Game of the Year weapons
- Divine Aura (CE prophecies)
- Grey Giant
- Horns of Grenth (I never bothered with Grenth side)
- The Art of Guild Wars – Book 2, Map of Tyria, Bonus Music CD, DirectSong mini pak code --> special edition
- Double-sided poster: Necromancer and Assassin-->2006 Edition
Festival Hats unlocked:
- Pumpkin Crown, Yule Cap, Tengu Mask, Dragon Mask, Wicked Hat, Furious Pumpkin Crown, Freezie Crown, Jester's Cap, Stylish Yule Cap, Great Horns of Grenth.
- The Pheonix Brotherhood - GvGed, officer position
- Dismantled due to inactivity of some members/officers
- Guild Wars Guru - officer position
- Dismantled due to lack of enthusiasm of members and recruiting difficulties
- Legacy of the Chosen - member
- Left due to members' concern for farming and not questing
- Champions of the Unknown - member (current)
Guild Wars Characters
Professions not used thus far as primary in PvE: -Core professions: Ranger, Mesmer -Non-Core professions: Assassin, Ritualist, Paragon, Dervish
GW Wiki Tasks
- Random grammar fixes
- Make the builds at User:Life_Infusion/builds/ usable.
- Revise pages according to Game updates.
- Update stubs with new information from ingame.
- Strategize profession combinations and then post them in User:Life_Infusion/prof_combos
- Check to see if all the skills are properly labeled as elite
GW Wiki Formatting
- Wiki markup
- Magic words used in MediaWiki
- CSS properties
- Complete CSS Guide
- Images and uploading files
Aspirations and Goals
Unlock all Prophecies Campaign Runes Unlock all Prophecies Campaign Skills through PvE Unlock all Prophecies Campaign Upgrades Unlock all Factions Campaign Runes Unlock all Factions Campaign Upgrades Unlock all Factions Campaign Skills
- Unlock all Nightfall Campaign Runes
- Unlock all Nightfall Campaign Skills through PvE
- Unlock all Nightfall Campaign Upgrades which includes Insignias, Inscriptions, and Focus Cores
Unlock all Nightfall Campaign Heroes
Experience and gameplay:
1...5...10...25...50 million exp through regular (non-solo farming) play Complete all Prophecies Campaign missions Complete all Factions Campaign missions Complete all Nightfall Campaign missions
- Complete every quest ..................STATUS PAGE
Legitimate Ingame Wealth:
- Keep getting all the Holiday_Items
Get a Superior Vigor through PvE Get a Superior Absorption through PvE
- Find a Gold, Max Prophecies Campaign Sickle
- Obtain every Minipet (or at least the ones I want)
- Get 1000K (1 million gold): without farming, scamming, or soloing (not likely that this will be achieved by me)
- Boost Alliance faction up
- Rank 12 in Heroes' Ascent?
Oddball Builds, thought of on a whim
They may not be necessarily effective, they just are thoughts of how to synergize certain skills without being cookie-cutter, or as the dictionary puts it, "marked by lack of originality or distinction".
Embrace the inner Johnny in you!
Johnny likes a challenge. Johnny enjoys winning with cards that no one else wants to use. He likes making decks that win in innovative ways. What sets Johnny apart from the other profiles is that Johnny enjoys deckbuilding as much as (or more than) he enjoys playing. Johnny loves the cool interactions of the cards. He loves combo decks. Johnny is happiest when he’s exploring uncharted territory.
...R&D designs some cards for Johnny. Johnny cards are cards that have unique effects that Johnny can build cool decks around. In general, Johnny cards are the kind of cards with real potential. (Some of them will eventually excite Spike.) Good examples of Johnny cards are Holistic Wisdom, Radiate, and Battle of Wits.
- Submitted Builds: []