Miniatures, also referred to as "mini pets," are items that reserve one of your inventory spots. When activated, a small duplicate of the named creature will appear and follow you around. Miniatures were originally added by the developers to show appreciation for long-time players, but have since become available through a variety of different means.
- Certain miniatures make sound effects, such as growls or the beating of their wings.
- You can trade, give away, drop, and destroy miniatures.
- You cannot dye miniatures, or sell them to NPCs.
- You can have multiple miniatures in your inventory.
- To activate or deactivate a miniature, double-click on it in your inventory .
- Only one miniature can be active at a time. If you activate a second one, it will replace the active one automatically.
- Miniatures appear while you are in explorable areas or missions and in Towns and Outposts though total number is capped at 20.
- Sounds of miniatures are disabled in Outposts.
- Miniatures cannot attack, nor do they have skills or special abilities. They also cannot be targeted, harmed, or cause collision. They do, however, count as an ally according to Leader's Comfort and Healing Burst.
- The miniatures can be knocked down by AoE knock down skills such as Giant Stomp.
Miniatures take the form of creatures from any campaign. It is possible for someone who only owns a Prophecies account to receive a miniature of a Factions creature.
- Each character will receive a present when that character is 1 year old (Type /age in game to see a character's age).
- Double-click on the present to unwrap it and reveal the miniature.
- You will receive a Birthday Present on any character who is one year old.
- If a character's inventory is full upon his/her birthday, the present will appear when next logged in with an empty space.
- You may keep the present forever; it will not vanish later.
- You will not lose a miniature if you receive one via trading and your character is under a year old.
- Each annual series has:
- 8 White (Common)
- 3 Purple (Uncommon)
- 2 Gold (Rare)
- 1 Green (Unique)
Collector's Edition Presents
- ANet has prepared a miniature in appreciation for players who bought the Guild Wars Factions and Nightfall Collector's Editions.
- Once you add the CE key to your account you will receive a message to type /bonusitems in any outpost or town. After doing so you will receive an item named Factions Collector's Edition Present or Nightfall Collector's Edition Present. Double-clicking on it will turn it into the corresponding miniature.
- Each account may use this command to generate only one Collector's Edition Present.
Promotional Giveaways and Prizes
Miniatures have been made available through various give-aways and Guild Wars contests. See the table below for details.
List of Miniatures
|Miniature Gray Giant||Gold||-|
|Jade Armor||White||Birthday Present First Annual Series||-|
Miniature Bone Dragon
Miniature Burning Titan
Miniature Charr Shaman
Miniature Fungal Wallow
Miniature Gray Giant
Miniature Island Guardian
Miniature Jade Armor
Miniature Jungle Troll
Miniature Necrid Horseman
Miniature Prince Rurik
Miniature Naga Raincaller
Miniature Siege Turtle
Miniature Temple Guardian
Miniature Whiptail Devourer
Miniature Longhair Yeti
While the color of the miniature is indicitive of its rarity within each annual series, the rarity does not alway carry over to non-birthday present miniatures. Be sure to check current market conditions when buying or selling a miniature.