"Entropy is defined as random molecular motion, or as we know it, heat." (see Exhibits A and B)
If you are scientifically inclined, here is a better definition from Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
Main Entry: en·tro·py Pronunciation: 'en-tr&-pE Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural -pies Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary 2en- + Greek tropE change, literally, turn, from trepein to turn
1 : a measure of the unavailable energy in a closed thermodynamic system that is also usually considered to be a measure of the system's disorder, that is a property of the system's state, and that varies directly with any reversible change in heat in the system and inversely with the temperature of the system; broadly : the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system
2a : the degradation of the matter and energy in the universe to an ultimate state of inert uniformity
2b : a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder
3 : CHAOS, DISORGANIZATION, RANDOMNESS
Welcome to the User page of Entropy. I started playing Guild Wars in 2006, over the summer vacation from high school. Apparently I have a knack for the game, though, and I have made some rapid progress in the PvE world. Now that I have all the campaigns, I have more characters and campaigns than I know what to do with, and there's always "something to do".
...or at least that is how it used to be. Guild Wars was a great game and it still has many great aspects. However, much like GuildWiki itself, it has aged and decayed over the years, and The Management continues to bungle things. At this rate, Guild Wars is no longer worth my time, and even Guild Wars 2 is looking like a non-interest. Even though I am still fairly knowledgeable about the game, and will remain an interested member of the Guild Wars community, I doubt I will ever play seriously again.
That being said...Thanks in large part to this Wiki, I have a good general knowledge of most aspects of Guild Wars, though mostly about Prophecies still. It saddens me that more people don't come here to answer their questions instead of spamming them to the general in-game population. Nearly every question I have ever had was answered after looking it up here. Or, it could be easily found out by the ever-helpful userbase, who will leave no question unanswered for long.
What I do on GuildWiki
My user ID# is 17165 (out of 28,657,379 total users). So I have been here for awhile. Originally, I used to spend most of my time doing mainspace edits, small corrections or additions to articles of interest to me. After that I spent most of my time on Talkpages or Builds, debating or socializing. Then I got into the Userspace craze and spent all my time on Userboxes and Templates.
Nowadays, though, I mostly just use my administrative powers to /ban, /delete, and otherwise take care of the things that normal users can't. I do maintenance work. There are not that many active users left, but the handful that are keep the Wiki going from day to day. We are fighting a losing battle, as we all know, but for whatever it's worth - posterity, history, pride - we'll continue that battle until the ship's completely underwater. As the first of the current three active Wiki Bureaucrats, you could call me the "leader". But always remember that the real work of the wiki is done by the common users, and the anonymous users, those without fancy titles like "bureaucrat" and "sysop". Without them, this place would have been dust long ago.
If we can clean up the Wiki to the best it's ever been before it is shut down, then that will be accomplishment enough.
As of now...
- I have over 8,100 edits, including those I made anonymously.
- My signature is the 26th most linked to image, with 1,551 links.
- My talk page is the 43rd most linked to page, with 1,571 links.
This page has info about me personally and me in-game.
|fr-2||This user is able to contribute with a intermediate level of French.|
|This user plays for the territory of North America.|
This user is primarily a PvE player.
|This user doesn't carry any resurrection skills in PvE.|
- Kudos to Iluth (iirc) for his cute "I'm a Tiger" gif. Someday I'll make a cleaner, easier to read version.
This section of my userpage will change whenever I come up with some new build that I really like or find interesting. Comment on my talkpage if you want.
The current Featured Builds, are: D/A Mystic Ninja, D/Any Mystic Condition Spammer, and E/Any Ebon Vanguard Aeromancer (EVA)!
See full build at User:Entropy/test#D/A Mystic Ninja.
See full build at User:Entropy/test#D/Any Mystic Condition Spammer.
See full build at User:Entropy/test#E/Any Ebon Vanguard Aeromancer (EVA).
Disclaimer: to avoid making this a lengthly section, Attribute points, Equipment, Optional Skills, etc. will be left out. Caveat lector.
And Now For Something Completely Different
This section of my Userpage is the Corner of Irrelevance. I'll post funny/amusing/insightful stuff here. Go ahead, laugh: it's good for you!
THE WORLD'S ECONOMIC SYSTEMS EXPLAINED
- socialism: You have two cows. Give one to your neighbour.
- communism: You have two cows. Give both to the government. The government gives you milk.
- capitalism: You have two cows. You sell one cow and buy a bull.
- fascism: You have two cows. Give milk to the government. The government sells it.
- nazism: You have two cows. The government shoots you and takes the cows.
- New Dealism: You have two cows. The government shoots one cow, milks the other, and pours the milk down the sink.
- anarchism: You have two cows. Keep them. Steal another. Shoot the government.
- conservatism: You have two cows. Freeze the milk. Embalm the cows.
And, THE WORLD'S RELIGIONS EXPLAINED
- Taoism: Shit Happens.
- Confucianism: Confucious say, "Shit Happens".
- Buddhism: If shit happens, it isn't really shit.
- Hinduism: This shit has happened before.
- Protestantism: Shit happens, but it happens to someone else.
- Catholicism: Shit happens, but you deserved it.
- Judaism: Why does shit always happen to US?
- GuildWikianism: Shit happens, but the community asked for it.
- GWWism: See GWW:SHIT.
- PvXism: PvX Happens.
- Izzyism: If shit happens, it must be overpowered.
"Looks like Izzy hit a home run with his nerf bat." - P A R A S I T I C 21:31, 7 March 2008 (UTC), on the nerf package of 3/8/08
(AIM) AuronFTW (9:52:12 PM): egads gay smiley
"I used to be into necrophilia, bestiality, and sadism, but then I realized I was just flogging a dead horse." -Anonymous (for good reasons)
Disclaimer: the opinions expressed here are solely those of the original speaker, and not the owner(s) or editor(s) of this Userpage.
- This page has all my characters on it. It tracks their progress in the game and other information such as unlocked Heroes, pets, and other things.
- This is where I write down my character's "Roleplaying" stories, or background histories. Inspired by people like Karlos and others (on both Wikis) who wrote pretty damn good stories about their character origins, exploits, relationships with each other, etc.
I like to create projects but I never finish most of them.
- Swordmaster class concept. An idea
These are links that I use all the time. Feel free to check them out if you wish. :)
- Category:GuildWiki humor I can never find an easy link to this...
- New Skills - Some are jokes, others are not.
- Builds I use on my characters and Heroes.
- Test page - Where I test things.
- Sandbox - same function as the GWiki Sandbox.
- Archives - storage space.
- My templates - feel free to browse.
- List of greens and other rare stuff
The Henchmen Hall of Fame
|Welcome to Warp Zone!|