User:Xifue lore/builds/A/Dark Shadow Forge Runner
This build enables an Assassin to solo run from Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge, and with some modification is suitable for running other areas. Agility and protection skills from the Shadow Arts line, plus the Dervish's anti-knockdown Fleeting Stability enchantment, make this a fragile yet efficient Droknar's Forge runner. This build is even more efficient since the last game update that fixed the "enemies following you forever" bug.
The build takes practice, timing, and knowledge of the whole Droknar's Forge run, particularly Lornar's Pass, in order to successfully complete the run. Overall run times are at least on par with Warrior or Dervish runners. Ultimately, if nothing else, this is a challenging and fun alternative to experienced Drok's runners.
Attributes and Skills[edit | edit source]
|Assassin / Dervish||Attribute Rank|
|Shadow Arts||12 + 1 + 3|
- Runes can be used to boost Deadly Arts, although it is not necessary.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Armor: Any armor with +energy mods and attunement runes. You want your energy as high as possible.
- Weapons: A perfect Insightful Staff of Enchanting or a Totem Axe with a shield.
Template[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
The skill bar above is laid out from left to right in the general order in which to use skills, depending on the situation. Deadly Paradox plus Death's Charge and Dark Escape are the main movement skills. Dark Escape can and should be kept up constantly for 1/2 damage and +25% speed. Dash should be used when Dark Escape fades out to gain as much distance from any enemies following you, especially if you need some extra time to use Signet of Pious Light to end Shadow Form. Death's Charge can be a massive overall speed buff (and self heal) if used efficiently. Almost all healing during the run can be accomplished while still moving.
Normal running sequence:
- Deadly Paradox -> Death's Charge -> Dark Escape -> Dash -> Deadly Paradox -> Dark Escape.
Anti-knockdown sequence (for wurms and giants):
- Fleeting Stability -> Deadly Paradox -> Shadow Form -> Death's Charge -> Dark Escape -> Dash -> Deadly Paradox -> Dark Escape.
Healing sequence when Shadow Form begins to fade out:
- Deadly Paradox -> Signet of Pious Light -> Heart of Shadow -> Dark Escape
Healing sequence when you have a place to rest with no aggro:
- Fleeting Stability or Heart of Shadow -> Signet of Pious Light -> Signet of Pious Light
- Repeatedly cast an enchantment and Signet of Pious Light as many times as needed to immediately recharge Signet of Pious Light after each use.
When to use Deadly Paradox:
- Always before: Dark Escape and Shadow Form.
- Preferably before: Death's Charge.
When to use Shadow Form:
- To prevent Ice Imps and Ice Golems from slowing you down with hexes.
- Near Wurms and Avicara, use Fleeting Stability followed by Shadow Form, to prevent the Avicara from stripping Fleeting Stability.
- To nullify damage from enemies through intense parts of the run (Tundra Giants, Stone Summit, Avicara), although you can also tank through some enemies with Dark Escape, Heart of Shadow, and Death's Charge.
- Shadow Form should only be kept up as long as necessary. Disable it with Signet of Pious Light before you encounter Grawl Crones.
Counters[edit | edit source]
- Enchantment stripping, mainly from Grawl Crones casting Chilblains. Simply stay out of their range.
- Conditions will severely hinder your chances of survival in most situations. Try to avoid Pinesoul traps -- NEVER use Death's Charge on a Pinesoul as you will likely teleport into a trap.
- Dash can also be used to run through Pinesoul traps without triggering them.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Feigned Neutrality can be switched with Signet of Pious Light or Heart of Shadow, giving you an extra self-heal if needed.
- Vital Boon can be switched with Heart of Shadow, Dash, or Death's Charge for an alternate way of healing when Shadow Form ends. You must cast Vital Boon immediately after using Shadow Form so they end almost simultaneously. Additionally, using Signet of Pious Light to end Vital Boon can give you a massive health boost as soon as Shadow Form ends.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Google video of a successful run: Media