This userpage is only guaranteed to show up correctly when viewing with Mozilla Firefox with ABP installed @ 1920x1200 resolution.
||This user still blames Wikia for all his problems.
||This user is an administrator.
|This page is not guaranteed to funcion correctly in IE.
The baby is coming this weekend. More info to follow.
RIP: Q101 (1992 - 2011)
Q101 on Wikipedia
Also news feeds  
Basically, anyone who is familiar with the Chicago alternative music scene is familiar with Q101. It has been a huge part of Chicago for almost 20 years now, and we just now found out this week about the sale of the station, along with its sister station WLUP 97.9 the loop, which is a classic rock station. It is unknown what is going to happen with that station, but the speculated rumor for Q101, as posted on the wikipedia page, is to turn it into an FM all news station. So basically, good music in Chicago is dead after tomorrow.
One of the former DJ's of the station (James VanOsdol) is putting together a book covering the past 20 years of Q101 Smells like rock radio - the Q101 oral history. Also here is one of the many petitions circulating the web to try to save the very unique music format of Q101, that once gone, will leave Chicago with no real rock or alternative music over the airwaves.
I just wanted to post about this because this hits very close to home for me and alot of other people living in the Chicagoland area. This radio station has not only been a huge part of our lives growing up, but also the local music scene that Q101 has helped build up, and helped to shoot local bands into the spotlight, like Disturbed, Local H, Chevelle, Rise Against, and Fall Out Boy. No one really knows what the future will hold, but hopefully something good can come out of this big pile of crap that we have been handed. stream Q101 live (at least for the next ~36 hours
Our baby girl was born on Sunday night, 10:24pm. 7Lb 9oz., 19in. and a full head of hair. Lets see if this link will work -- pictures :D
-- Isk8 (T/C) 22:48, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Congratulations! If this is your first, your life is going to change.... forever. :D Jink 23:03, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) Awh mah Gawd! Congratulations. Best of luck to all of you -- RandomTime 23:05, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Congratulations, and good luck! —Dr Ishmael 23:47, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it is our first. As of right now, I am still sleeping through the night. I am sure that will change here pretty soon. At least my wife is taking care of most of the leg work since I still have to work :P -- Isk8 (T/C) 01:30, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Good work on that. And good luck with the bit that comes after.--Łô√ë îğá†ħŕášħ 03:11, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Awe, miss mine being that small. She's 2 and soon to be 3. Enjoy them when they're LITTLE!!!! They do grow up fast. Ariyen 04:07, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Congruatulations. Raise a gamerchick, would you? ;-) Arnout aka The Emperors Angel 08:27, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Best of luck, Iskacht, and enjoy parenthood :) --Vipermagi 16:16, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
- Damn, was on holiday when you posted this so I only just noticed. CONGRATU-F*censored for the little one*ING-LATIONS! I wish you well with your little girl :D --El_Nazgir 15:19, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Well, Windows Xp finally gave up on me. Moved my computer to a different room in the house, which required me to go wireless because I couldn't move my router yet, and xp just wouldn't stop locking up and bsod'ing on me after that point. Ran through everything I could think of, reg cleaners, ultimate boot cd 4 windows with every scan and check program I could think of to fix the problems, to no avail. Just gave up and went out to best buy and picked up a copy of windows 7. Sad that this is the first version of windows that I have actually paid for. After wiping everything out and installing 7, everything was seeminly good at first, until I tried to start playing lord of the rings online. I would get in game, and the computer would just completely shut off. Started getting a critical error 41, "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." So far have not completely narrowed down what the problem is, but I'm leaning towards system overheating. Completely blew out the whole tower, again, and kept monitoring the system temp which was sitting around 55-60c for most of the time while playing the game. Seems very hot for my system, but since abit uguru isn't compatible with windows 7, I've had to rely on other programs, where I found speedfan, which has been doing a decent job so far. Haven't been able to come up with any other ways to make the system cooler yet, thinking of looking into a new processor heat sink and fan. Also need to find out what the shut off temp is for my cpu, to check if that is even the reason why my system is crashing. It could be my power supply failing as well, that would explain random pc shut downs. /sigh -- Isk8 (T/C) 14:51, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- 55-60C is within normal under-load operating temperatures for a CPU, and is quite cool for a GPU (you can use MSI afterburner to monitor your graphics card's temperatures and also use it to lower the core clock to make it run cooler at the cost of performance). Your power supply is probably the culprit if you're getting random shutdowns, although it could also be some bad connections on the motherboard. That's rare though, most likely the power supply. ∵Scythe∵ 16:27, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- That was one of my thoughts, but it doesn't show any fluctuation in voltage on any fronts. I went out today and purchased all new fans for my case, and a new heatsink and fan for the psu, as they are all over 6 years old, and just due for a replacement anyway. (Been oiling a few of the fans over the past couple years and they just aren't running right anymore. I'll have to check on that program you listed, as speedfan 4.44 doesn't monitor video card specs, at least I don't think so. Will it work with ati cards? I'm using a radeon 4670 1gig ddr 3 card w/ crossfirex support currently. The reason I was leaning towards temperature issues, is that my system never got this hot before I moved the computer from the basement to upstairs. (Also taking into consideration that the basement is cooler than the upstairs) Hell, for all I know my problems could have been not having all the latest windows 7 updates installed before I tried to start playing my game again. I didn't have all the latest drivers for important drivers, including the vid card. -- Isk8 (T/C) 03:57, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Speedfan does not monitor GPUs, and afterburner will work with any graphics card. ∵Scythe∵ 21:16, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello! I want to thank you for everything you have done for the Guild Wiki. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Tesla, a wiki manager for Curse. The reason I am posting on your talk page is for some feedback. I was hoping you could tell me if there was something you would like to see on the wiki or if you think there is something we could do to help improve the quality of our service to the community. If you have any ideas at all, please feel free to stop by on my talk page and leave me your thoughts. Thank you! Tesla 03:33, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
It's been a while...
Wow it's been a very long time since I've been around here. Anyone still patrol the board amymore? -- Isk8 (T/C) 14:37, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- I still come here once a day, checking RC. Arnout aka The Emperors Angel (talk) 09:28, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- I do once in a while... I don't know how to fix the traveler... I'm a bit sad at how dead this place has gotten... Do you two still play gw? Ariyen aka ~ Aludeni (talk) 17:59, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ha, people! Hey. I still pop in every now and then. Just had a rough couple of weeks, so I slacked a bit. Not the most fascinating story there, just depressed. I'm used to it.
- I feel left out of the question but will insert myself regardless! Deal with it. :P I haven't actually played GW in forever. GW2 was not Build Wars so I didn't spend too much time there ultimately. Oh well. However, Dark Souls and its sequel kinda became my thing for a good long while? So far I've spent 1100 hours playing the first, and am sitting at 650 on Dark 2 (yay for Steam keeping track of my addiction). Path of Exile is also excellent, and keeps me busy for a similar amount of time; well over 700 hours there. There's always random stuff popping up inbetween too; Divinity: Original Sin and Ring Runner for example are also superb. Prog and I have been talking about playing through at least Prophecies again recently, though. Whether we'd ever get to it is a whole other question.. We're still excellent at deciding to do stuff and never doing it.
- Aaand while I'm droning on about myself I might as well ramble about non-gamey stuff as well, right. Been living on my own for a year and a half now. Small little studio apartment, enough room for a bed, my computer, a dining table with enough surface area for RPGs (retractable bits! Awesome!), and a couch. Juuust fine. Less space = fewer places to clean. I dig it. That's about the only thing that really happened though. Still an otherwise useless drain on society. Autism, depression, perfectionism and self-loathing make working and studying kinda difficult apparently, and getting that shit fixed is a long process. Getting my brain EEG'd this wednesday though, that's pretty friggin' cool if you ask me.
- I could write more, but I'll leave it at that for the time being :P --InsomniacViper (talk) 15:52, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, actually, I've been dying to ask: Which weekend, exactly? --InsomniacViper (talk) 15:53, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- Talking to wall mode, engage!
- So I blathered with Prog, and we decided to play 'some' Guild Wars for old times' sake! "You have been playing for 11 hours." It's still just such a good game. He rolled a Mesmer/Ele (GoLE is awesome, also Domination Magic), I'm rocking Monk/Warrior (axes ruin days???). Going through the campaigns chronologically; we decided to call it a day when we hit the Aurora Glade outpost - Maguuma is still terribly enervating. Still, looking forward to the desert and beyond. --InsomniacViper (talk) 00:23, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
- It's good to see some of old peeps around here. I haven't played any online games in quite some time. Got married and had 2 kids since my gw days lol. Just felt nostalgic and wanted to pop in here one day and see if it still stood, hah. One day I need to try to log into my gw account again, I probably have 5 years of presents. Also wiki editing on mobile sucks lol. -- Isk8 (T/C) 17:34, 15 March 2015 (UTC)