Aah, all fresh and clean
Well, not completely clean, ever since the archive box, and this comment. Have a nice day. --- -- (s)talkpage 10:46, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, by the way, just saw the /essay page: No, you won't need to slap delete on the talk pages: Whoever deletes the article should see there's a talk page to delete :> --- -- (s)talkpage 10:55, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- BTW - if someone presses the new section button - it will create it under your nocomment line RandomTime 18:16, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well that's kinda lame... I'd leave the closing tag, but with some skins it screws with the boxes on the sidebar. Guess I'll just go in and manually fix it, no big deal. — Powersurge360Violencia 18:18, 10 July 2008 (UTC)\
- Heya Power, if you take a look at my talk page, you can impliment this background thingy into a template like I have... It solves the new section issue. -Hope this helps. -- I~sk8 (T/C) 02:58, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- And you did yours by creating a table, yes? I was trying to maintain an up-to-date with current standards code, and keep everything all neat and closed but, evidently, it's too much to ask for. I'm a lil wary about the use of wiki-code created tables, mostly because I don't understand why they work, and it's hard for me to use something I don't fully understand. I'll probably break down and make the switch sometime though. — Powersurge360Violencia 03:03, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just use a neutral bg. Anyhow, I also use (received) a table for the crosshair cursor. Tables all the way, ^jo --- -- (s)talkpage 09:59, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
My connection was lost last night and I couldn't restore it, presumably a mercifully rare ISP issue. I didn't just get bored of talking to you. 02:56, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Tis cool, I figured something had happened. — Powersurge360Violencia 02:59, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the work, but...
...we have a proposed bot task for stuff like that. —Dr Ishmael 02:06, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- I didn't deem it an appropriate bot task because many of the lists I'm using are only 2 or three entries long. It didn't seem a good job for a bot to do, ya know? If I'm wrong, then I'll stop, and I'll stop at least until I get a reply. — Powersurge360Violencia 02:08, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- I hadn't looked that closely at what links exactly you were updating, I just saw that a lot of the early ones were on Phantom (species). I was thinking along the lines of making less monotonous work for you, but if, as you say, the lists are short, then it probably is just as easy for you to do it. If you come across anything with a huge "What links here" list that you don't feel like working through, feel free to add it to that bot task. —Dr Ishmael 02:56, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Toasty. — Powersurge360Violencia 03:08, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
I'm simply fixing the links that are shown to display where they will lead once clicked, and trying to make it a standard for the wiki since most are like this... Keitaro
- The links are purposefully made this way to improve the flow of the article. When the links are the simple titles it can disrupt the voice the author may have or, in the case of the links on the acquisition pages, look a little awkward. — Powersurge360Violencia 02:31, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- If that's the case then someone needs to go through and set the standard as I was saying. See Soul Leech for example. I'm just setting up a list for what elites I still need for my title and when I see something like that, I fix it. o.o Keitaro
- Fair enough, links like that should be standardized, but I think that the links should have the simplest form, except when there are multiple places in game (Raisu Palace (explorable) and Raisu Palace (mission) for example). I guess we should both wait before we do anything until someone decides the standard, I'll put it on the noticeboard now to call attention to it. EDIT It seems as though an admin decided it's best to only use the simplest method, so I guess we should go with that for now. — Powersurge360Violencia 02:36, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well I was thinking something along the lines of [Raisu Palace (explorable)]. All we'd have to do is chance the ( to [, it'd keep it from looking silly and clear up any confusion. Keitaro
- If we were to do that, then literally thousands of skills would need to be changed. — Powersurge360Violencia 02:46, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- For the locations referenced in Soul Leech, the version with the (mission) displayed is not necessary because the first location is either a mission or an outpost (and you can't cap a skill in an outpost) and the second is a mission only. For Raisu palace, it is different as the skill could be capped in both locations, so the reader needs to see which one it is. And by the way, GW:ULC mandates that "(mission)" be lowercase. There's a big fixin' task if you are looking for one... --◄mendel► 07:55, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
Hope you don't mind
I changed your div background to an unclosed table, which does the same thing but doesn't need that cumbersome write-above end text.Entrea [Talk] 03:01, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Nah, I just wish that there was a way I could get around using an open span tag in place of the now defunct font tag. Oh well. — Powersurge360Violencia 03:08, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- I still don't get why people want span style instead of font. Font works just fine, and it's easier to code.Entrea [Talk] 03:13, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Font is deprecated in newer standards and will soon be phased out. — Powersurge360Violencia 03:14, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- ohey I found out how to put font color in the table, but it doesn't change the headers. You'll have to choose which you like better.Entrea [Talk] 03:16, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- The one you did the first time is fine is fine. I wish you could easily change the color of links. Oh well. — Powersurge360Violencia 03:17, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
Ok, so I don't know if anyone paid attention to my page or not, but, due to a lack of an artist, I'm moving forward with the project as just text. I can't think of any good web hosting sites that are free and have relatively little ads sooo anyone know any good ones? Please and thank you. — Powersurge360Violencia 23:53, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- The last time I made a website, back in 2005 or so, I used freewebs. 23:55, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, and research shows that y's are at least as gay as w's. yyyyyyyyy 00:06, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- One that I've had good experience with is www.freehostia.com. You get 250 MB of space, PHP/Perl, a 10 MB MySQL database, and FTP access, all with no forced ads of any sort. Very little downtime that I've noticed, and support is suprisingly responsive, even for free accounts. —Dr Ishmael 01:11, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'd just put it on a blog site, like blogspot. There've been some serials published to good success that way, you get instant connectivity to a big community, and software that allows reader feedback. Unless, of course, you want to demand money of your readers (not a good idea for a first, though - if you wanted to do that, you should go paper). --◄mendel► 06:59, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
has apparently worked on my userpage... — Powersurge360 03:25, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Look at the people who have worked on mine, WHO THE CRAP ARE HALF THESE PEOPLE!?!?--ìğá†ħŕášħ 03:30, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hitler apparently believes that PODAX IS THE LORD. --◄mendel► 06:14, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Are you suggesting that you do not? — Powersurge360 06:18, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- I wasn't suggesting that. What makes you think so? --◄mendel► 10:48, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- where did this spring from, btw? RandomTime 11:07, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Where did this come from... rather amusing that I show up on Giga and Rt's ... Wonder what mine looks like... curiosity killed the kitty-- Isk8 (T/C) 22:48, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Well, there's this big "wikimail" link on my userpage (or the link in the sidebar). I could also give you my phone number if you like international calls. And of course there's irc. --◄mendel► 08:09, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
- Use IRC, it'll be more fun with you there. 12:28, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
- I have galrath. --Shadowcrest 00:53, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- Can you get on anytime in the near future? — Powersurge360 01:53, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Good job researching that! Another mystery solved! --◄mendel► 11:37, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I am the man! — Powersurge360 17:48, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
Most Amazing Picture EVAR!
But not for kids! — Powersurge360 17:48, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
/honorable discharge (T/C) 17:50, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oh god, now it's all over my talk page. Ewwwww — Powersurge360 17:52, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- ? (T/C) 17:58, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- ? Along with potty humor on talk. --Shadowcrest 20:58, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- He misspelled "Professor." What a stupid 4channer. 21:03, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
I'm getting screwed over and over again in Anvil Rock because of the buffage of Aura of Faith. I don't think enough people vanquish that Arenanet is aware of how insane this area has gotten.
Anywho, anyone of awesome PvE skills or higher YOU ARE NEEDED! Otherwise I'll be forced to caravan from ToA.
Don't do that to me.
— Powersurge360 01:23, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think I can probably help, but have you considered taking a hero with Well of the Profane? That would probably help a bunch.Entrea [Talk] 02:30, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, great idea, thanks. — Powersurge360 02:33, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
--Shadowcrest 18:46, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- I had more Rubies but you said you didn't want them. :? (T/C) 19:11, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- I decided to go for paragon and necro vabbian (epic lulz, it'll take years). This is a good point. WTB. --Shadowcrest 19:27, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Tu puedes hablar bien? --Shadowcrest 23:44, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- That's wrong, isn't it? Hablo pequeno espanol... I can read it alot better than I can speak it, because my teacher didn't teach us how to make sentences. He gave us a dictionary and a spanish text and said to copy and translate. — Powersurge360 23:50, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- It's probably wrong. If it were translated literally, it would make sense.. but there's not a lot that gets translated literally. Yeah, it was wrong; it should have been bien, I think. (Changed). --Shadowcrest 23:53, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
Hey! Come back!
"I don't have the heart to continue contributing." An acceptable sentiment, and one that is to be respected. I wish that the time would come for you to find it again, because I'll miss reading you around.
You are a very moral person because you changed a situation that was becoming intolerable for you; I wish you'd have made it more clear what your friend can do to further change the situation so you can be together again. For this,a thought: a Christian is bound to love and respect everyone, and from experience the Mosaic laws saw fit to spell out that this specifically includes parents (I guess they had rebelling teenagers even back then). It means you need to take them seriously, to respect them, and to not hurt them needlessly. It does not mean you have can't make your own decisions; I don't think the bible says "your parents are always right" (they are nearly always more right than you, but that's not the point).
So my hope for you is that your friend learns (and this is hard!) to take a decision herself to change this situation that has become unbearable for her (and for you!) by having a heart-to-heart with her parents, giving them some time to think it over, and then making a decision that does not place her parent's concerns above her own. It might help to realize that, unlike Mosaic law, Christ requires you to love others as you would yourself - and that means that you shouldn't put yourself below them.
This is by no means a simple situation; it requires courage; having faith and understanding the faith you're having will certainly help; and it is not a time for rash decisions that have more serious consequences than a few data files deleted on a faraway server (I hope I've expressed that clearly enough!).
--◄mendel► 09:30, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
What's going on here.
>:O 06:54, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- PS is heartbroken (or beyond..), and decided to stop editing :( I read the story.. It's quite heavy. --- -- (s)talkpage 10:04, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Welcome back, like and such as. :) Congratulations on FoW armor too - I only ever bought one piece, buying the whole set is WTFBBQ expensive. -_- (T/C) 08:44, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- It's pretty insane, I've saved since June-ish, but then, I didn't farm anything or put forth whole effort, so it's probably just a 2-month job for someone who REALLY wants it. So, did I miss anything monumental while I was gone? All I know is mendel was promoted, and Auron dropped off. — Powersurge360 08:47, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was trying to farm shards/ecto and it was just ridiculous...droprates are so bad compared to old days, you may as well farm money and buy 'em straight (or trade Zkeys). -_- Over half of the materials were covered by kindness from other players...I mean, I think if I farmed *every day* then maybe I could do it faster (you get 1-3 ecto/shards per run, run takes 1-3 hours, etc). I never really appreciated FoW armor before...or Vabbian...but if you take the time to earn it yourself, it's definitely a sign of commitment. >.>
- Hmm...well, I've liberalized my user page, and there's been some minor drama stuffs, and we're working on finally cleaning up after the move page script which changed usernames to GW- etc. Also, I've finally joined the IRC junkie crowd, which is significant...for them. Other than that, nothing much else. Which is both good and bad, I guess. :S (T/C) 08:55, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I'm about to head off to bed, but before I do, has your graphics card given you any more trouble? — Powersurge360 08:59, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- As long as I play less than ~10 hours straight, it's usually okay, thanks for asking <3 (T/C) 09:13, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Officially back, huh? Awesome :) Welcome back. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:25, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I need to add me heartfelt welcome to this list. I'm glad you are back. I wanted to take the time to read your Prologue first and comment on it. I like the way you polish and turn your phrases, and I am filled with anticipation whether in your first installment you can prove that you're equally adept at developing original characters, places and storylines. --◄mendel► 02:21, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Ask Jio? 04:29, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
De-lurking this weekend to come to my defense? I'm touched. And I was going to warn you off for the language on Entropy's talk before Shadowcrest spoiled it, too! ;-D --◄mendel► 00:04, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
And thus the valiant Mesmer bravely laid down his life for his pizza...
We finished Frozen Forest, but we'll wait for you to do Icedome. 07:06, 22 February 2009 (UTC)